Welcome to Tigerland Jacob Bauer | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigerland Jacob Bauer

Just play the bloke at FF and let’s see what he can do.

Reactions: 1 users
Finally Bauer gets a go
Hope we play him up forward and not throw him back

Reactions: 3 users
Finally Bauer gets a go
Hope we play him up forward and not throw him back
I am happy with either end. This bloke is a footballer. Penetrating kick. Has courage in a marking contest. At the moment, we need a forward. Either way he is definitely in our best 22 given the upcoming retirements and delistings in 25. Has footy smarts. This guy would be 100% better than Short on a HBF.

kept running under the ball but there is some serious marking ability there, and a great kick - Kalsher Dear similarities. A nice build over next year or two just NO INJURIES

Reactions: 3 users
Persist he will become a very handy player going forward.

He might be one of a handful people go to watch just to see him taking those speccies.

Reactions: 1 user
Persist he will become a very handy player going forward.

He might be one of a handful people go to watch just to see him taking those speccies.
Looking like we may be able to add Fawcett to that list too.

2025 should be a less crummy season.

It won't make sense. Very underwhelming while showing some good signs. Sorry best way i can describe his game.

For his height he takes a good grab and looks dangerous in the air.
I hope they work hard on his size strength and pace in the off season. As a third tall/medium id like to see him hunting players when the ball hits the ground. Would also like to see him get some cheapie disposals to stay involved. So many things he can work on and that spells upside.

The temptation would be to develop him back as say Nathan Broads replacement or even Grimes..

Made the most of his limited opportunities. Next step is to start getting involved more. 4 of his 5 AFL games have been 5,3,4,2 disposals (other was 9). Bar injury will get a better run of games to prove himself next year.

Couldn't help but chortle when the peanut from the Hun match report had the Bauer in our best players. Both he n Raaalphy managed to kick a couple of goals but they barely got a hand on it all game.

The *smile* that is Brian Taylor called him Bayer, the other *smile* commentating (was it Jab or the head ducking *smile* ?) called Ralphsmith, Naismith

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
The *smile* that is Brian Taylor called him Bayer, the other *smile* commentating (was it Jab or the head ducking *smile* ?) called Ralphsmith, Naismith
In fairness to Watson he was probably on drugs at the time so he wouldnt know what he saying.
And in fairness to BT, he probably wasnt on drugs, but who could tell.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Jack Gunston style forward imo, 3rd forward not a kpp.

Our forward line right now is a terrible place for an undersized key forward to be playing. If he had 2 decent key forwards around him and got decent delivery he could be quite dangerous

The thing I like is that if he gets 7-8 touches he is likely to kick 3-4. Perfect in a high functioning forward line.

Reactions: 9 users
In fairness to Watson he was probably on drugs at the time so he wouldnt know what he saying.
And in fairness to BT, he probably wasnt on drugs, but who could tell.
:ROFLMAO: Recovering from watching his team capitulate the night before.

• Haha

Our forward line right now is a terrible place for an undersized key forward to be playing. If he had 2 decent key forwards around him and got decent delivery he could be quite dangerous

The thing I like is that if he gets 7-8 touches he is likely to kick 3-4. Perfect in a high functioning forward line

Needs to show that his body can stand u[ t

The thing I like is that if he gets 7-8 touches he is likely to kick 3-4. Perfect in a high functioning forward line.
Needs to show that his body can stand up to AFL.

First step is play the last 2 games out with no injuries. Has potential as a third tall but he will have to be a lot fitter to play the Gunston role. So far his body has not been able to stand up to it.

Heres hoping

Needs to show that his body can stand up to AFL.

First step is play the last 2 games out with no injuries. Has potential as a third tall but he will have to be a lot fitter to play the Gunston role. So far his body has not been able to stand up to it.

Heres hoping
I was sitting close to our bench yesterday and at one stage we had Bauer, Trezise, Dow and Campbell there as well as the sub Smith. They were all very lean, good muscle definition but small and very lean in the body.

The st kilda players looked much “chunkier” if that is the right word.