Welcome to Tigerland Jacob Bauer | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigerland Jacob Bauer

Don't think Bauer will get picked. Missed a lot of footy and needs to build his fitness. Think Gray might get the nod. Yze says Lynch might be available for the Hawks game.

Reactions: 1 users
Don't think Bauer will get picked. Missed a lot of footy and needs to build his fitness. Think Gray might get the nod. Yze says Lynch might be available for the Hawks game.

I think Kosi gets the nod as a forward. Depends who they replace Dusty with I guess, another forward or a midfielder.

This bloke may well be our best young player, cruelled by injury, but a genuine blue chip talent.

Bring him in now
Don’t disagree on his talent. I think he works best with 2 big forwards where he can play high forward. He will come in a some stage over next few weeks

Interesting that Bauer has again been selected in the backline (full-back) for the reserves. Seems no intention on picking him as a forward in the 1s anytime soon.

Bauer is another product of us trying to reinvent the wheel by using him in defence when he was drafted as a forward. I know it does work on occasions and I think big Dave was one but people like that are rare. Right now we look OK for defence stocks but short on tallish agile and marking forwards

Reactions: 8 users
Interesting that Bauer has again been selected in the backline (full-back) for the reserves. Seems no intention on picking him as a forward in the 1s anytime soon.
Cause, you know, we have so many quality, sticky-handed, forwards atm...

Reactions: 2 users
Tall/marking backs on our list:

Gibcus
Young
Grimes
Vlastuin
Blight
Bauer
Balta
Brown
Broad
Miller

Tall/marking forwards on our list:

Lynch
Lefau
Kosi
Gray
Fawcett

Already a massive imbalance.

Add in that Lefau and Fawcett have long term injuries, Lynch is officially a crock, Gray has never played a game, and Kosi is VFL tier, this is extremely imbalanced, even if you put similar lines through Gibcus, Grimes and Young.

Someone in charge needs to address this. Now.

Balta and Bauer to play the rest of the year as forwards is a start.

Reactions: 3 users
I get that he's played back generally the last 2 seasons. Maybe good development maybe club sees that as his best chance of making it.
Maybe its to make amends for his defence vs.the hawks.
We dont have a key forward or key back in the vfl tomorrow.

But short term opportunity. Yze states Dusty will skip the Freo plane ride next week.
Bauer should be the replacement. 2nd/3rd forward and fly for everything.
He was swung up last week for the 2nd half, lets do it again.

Disappointing he can’t get a gig in our Senior side considering how poor we’ve been travelling. Seven games we’ve kicked under 60 points and we lack tall forwards.

Reactions: 1 user
So far off it because of his body. Is he out of contract?
I agree, needs to get a bit of fitness and form in VFL before a call up due to injury. Just would have thought that'd be forward, not back. He is contracted for 2025.

Reactions: 1 user