Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

thank you Marlion, a true Richmond man. Just viewed his highlights, WOW, I forgotten how good he was. Blair's summary of Marlion is truely awesome.

best wishes Man.

Reactions: 2 users
I think he could have gone around for another season especially with the likely loss of experience.He’s been a good player for Tiges. Wishing him well for the future.

Reactions: 4 users
Will we have anyone left on the list in a few weeks?
Simply making sufficient room in the cabinet for all our shiny new draft picks. We already had a cuppla players to many on the list from the pre season draft so there's lots of rearranging needs to be done.

Reactions: 1 user
Number 50
one of the most unique footballers I've ever seen
floats like a butterfly stings like a bee
I'll miss this bloke
he's as real as it gets

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
That GF performance will go down in history.
Unbelievable.
He has been a solid performer and as previously mentioned was probably played out position by necessity alot of the times but he just rolled up his sleeves and got on with it.
Hit those contests seriously hard.
Hope his next chapter goes well and allows him to be the Dad he wants to be.

Reactions: 6 users
I'll never forget the mark he took in the 2019 VFL Qualifying final against the Bummers @ PRO.

I wont ever forget the game also, 40pts behind @ 3/4 time :)

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
but I also wont ever forget the sound of his three-step, ribcage crunch.
Yeh, he is the only player I can recall that had a certain element of grace to his brutality. He was genuine proper tough.

As far as off field goes, I do hope he will be found not guilty of the charges, mainly for his families sake.

Reactions: 5 users
watching his highlights,

if you strung a bullseye in the very middle of the middle of the goal posts,

Marlion would have hit it in the middle

in that dusty give goal in the 2019 GF.

what an extraordinary story.

Reactions: 1 users
Very happy for Marlion. Great story.

The crowd roar from that goal in the 2019 GF was unreal. (Thought I'd ruptured my larynx myself.)

Heard yesterday the club didn’t offer him another contract so forced retirement
Heard the exact opposite in the media, reported that we were happy to offer another year but Foosh wasn't interested, partly as he was having ongoing injury issues, was also mentioned that he was thinking of staying in Melb rather than going back to W.A.

• Wow
Still gives me goose bumps.Almost won the Norm Smith with that incredible performane...
That twirl
That goal.
What a magnificent story.

One of my favorite players

Im sorry to see him go .

It was reported somewhere that he was looking to retire due to ongoing injuries. And that he will stay in Melb.

His is truly a unique story and hopefully he can settle into life after footy and find a role that gives him joy and reward.

Reactions: 5 users
I'll never forget the mark he took in the 2019 VFL Qualifying final against the Bummers @ PRO.

I wont ever forget the game also, 40pts behind @ 3/4 time :)
I had that mark as my picture on this site for a while Taz, it was an astonishing grab.
A great game as you said.

• Love