Welcome to the Tigers Jacob Hopper | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Jacob Hopper

I remember the game at Adelaide in round 2 or 3 last year when he was just about BOG, looks like a very astute trade at that time. Since then he's been in and out of rehab. Obviously no guarantees that this won't continue but if he does get some consistency he can be a B+ type of player again.

I'm probably of the same view. Its hard to actually gauge either TT or Hopper at the moment on this season, they've just missed so much footy and been start stop all year. If he gets a good run at it, then he's shown he can be a very good player, whether that will happen depends on us being able to get him and keep him on the park for long enough.

I'm hoping we do, and our midfield next year starts with TT, Hopper, McAuliffe, ND pick, ND pick.

Reactions: 4 users
Hardwick may have pushed for the trade but Hartley as list manager was ultimately responsible for it.

Think there was a touch of arrogance with this deal. A few at the club thought what ever they touched turned to gold.

Reactions: 2 users
Hardwick may have pushed for the trade but Hartley as list manager was ultimately responsible for it.

100%.

A lot of posters are either:

1) Being soft and taking the easy way out blaming Dimma instead of Blair. Or:
2) Have no idea who has the responsibility of targetting and signing players onto our list.

Or both.

Reactions: 1 user
struggling to make the goal square from 50
Can’t kick over a jam Tin
Because his legs are held together by tape.
He kicked that ball like Mick McGuane at vic Park 25 yrs ago.
Who's worse Tarranto? Or Prestia's attempted snap from 10meteres out that barely went in for a behind.

It's just just us but this year the skill level in the basics of kicking and handballing has gone to shiit.
Players using this rugby style to handball with there opposite hand. It's a throw not a flick that Luke Darcy calls it.

100%.

2) Have no idea who has the responsibility of targetting and signing players onto our list.

Or both.
yea its on blair unfortunately

IMHO a worst trade than the Yarran trade.

Hopper is worse, because we are stuck with him till 2029, Yarran was out of the system in just over 1 year

• Sad
I wasn't a fan of Hopper at GWS and was surprised that we chased him. Rush of blood?

Trade? Who would put their hand up?

I think we are stuck with the vanilla that is Dennis.

JH May be in the Shorty category-a panic merchant - when he disposes of the footy. He gave the ball away at least four times today through trying to get rid of it quickly.His lack of pace and agility means he is under pressure nearly every time he handles the pill..
Dud buy unless we can get some pace to surround him.

Reactions: 1 users
The guy is obviously not right. I wasn't a fan of getting him with Taranto but he was nowhere near as bad as he is atm. No impact or damage with his disposals at all. He came to us after knee ops in 2022 and has had knee issues this year. 7 year deal was irresponsible

We could possibly carry both TT and JH if we had three big pacy and skilled midfielders, but we’ve surrounded them with Dow, Graham, Kmac, Prestia and it’s an ugly look. I still think he’s never going to see his contract body wise and because the game is too fast for him. Disposal efficiency is way down because he’s so slow and is always forced to kick under pressure. He can’t find space or buy time.

100%.

Or both.
Blair would have done the work, so had some culpability in this mess. But he's still here to keep it going. Dimma wanted the players to try win another flag, but quit part way into the plan - that's why Dimma gets targeted not Blair.

We could possibly carry both TT and JH if we had three big pacy and skilled midfielders, but we’ve surrounded them with Dow, Graham, Kmac, Prestia and it’s an ugly look. I still think he’s never going to see his contract body wise and because the game is too fast for him. Disposal efficiency is way down because he’s so slow and is always forced to kick under pressure. He can’t find space or buy time.
Why does always turn and go backwards with his first movement after gaining possession? Infuriating. Burst forward son

Why does always turn and go backwards with his first movement after gaining possession? Infuriating. Burst forward son
That’s right and he’s not the Lone Ranger.Infuriates me that whenever we get possession across half back our first instinct is to handball to someone.Take the grass and drive it forward.