Welcome to the Tigers Jacob Hopper | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Jacob Hopper

This is another Dimma parting gift!!
yes agreed…. our only method of payback is trading out dan rioli and requesting high currency, because dimma will give instruction to his list management team and wayne campbell to pay whatever to land rioli for the reunion ….

Reactions: 1 user
Whoever signed off on his recruitment for a first rounder needs to be hog tied and marched out the door. You only trade first round picks for All Australian standard not C grade plodders
On top of it, we'd just given away two first rounders for a similar player, same age, same contract length.

I know the is not gunna be a popular post with some people but honestly Jack Ross who I do rate is a better option than this bloke. Less money, didn't have to give away picks, just as productive and actually uses the ball better. What a total flop Hopper and to a lesser extent Taranto trade has been. Say what you like about Karen Cornes but alot of what he has said about the tigers the last cou0le of years has been pretty close to the mark!

Reactions: 3 users
If there was ever a moment we need to pin point the time we jumped the shark it was this trade

Reactions: 4 users
If there was ever a moment we need to pin point the time we jumped the shark it was this trade
It's such an obvious crossroads moment. Someone should have been strong enough to step in and say Taranto and trading away one year worth of draft picks was enough. The wrong player, at the wrong club, at the wrong time. Hopper was just a bridge too far

[Takes massive pull on bong] I'm still optimistic, regardless of the merits or otherwise of that trade (I don't disagree with what most are saying). If he gets his body right and can play without interruption, he's a good player. Likewise Taranto.

The thing to remember with them, and Dion as well, is they need to be around until the Superhunks 2.0 find their feet. The midfield mix will be important over the next couple of years and if the elite picks come on quickly, well, they will be highly paid VFL players. Annoying on paper but it is what it is.

• Dislike
I didn’t have an issue with the trade at the time. Was of the opinion that the more midfield strength the better off we are.

However, I guess injury has something to do with it, but this bloke is not half the player he was at the Giants. Slow as a wet week and can’t kick over a jam tin. Loses his feet all the time. Poor man’s Tony Shaw. He is nowhere near the player I thought he’d be.

Unfortunately this trade is looking like a disaster.

Reactions: 5 users
If injuries keep reoccurring. Nothing else he or we can do.
I’m not worried about his injuries. I’m worried about his form. He’s nowhere near the player we thought we’d recruited. He’s playing like a c grader on an a graders salary.

Reactions: 1 users