Welcome to the Tigers Jacob Hopper | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Jacob Hopper

Well played GWS. We really got this trade wrong.
Yep we *smile* this up deluxe. GWS may not have won flag yet but they know how to run a footy club. They do these sort of deals every year and bring in gun young players and develop them very well. It’s only a matter of time. Compare them to the Suns who are a complete rabble.

The Giants would have been pissing themselves signing this trade deal.

Reactions: 3 users
North are after some experienced mids aren't they, talk of Viney, Wines..... Let's introduce them to JHopper.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
January 6Th GIF by GIPHY News
Oh yes we were.
I was *smile*-a-hoop thinking we are ahead of the game here.
But we got stitched up by player, his management and our ex coach.

Reactions: 1 user
My concern is that not only do we have him for another 5 years (yikes), but also that because of what we paid for him that we'll feel entitled to play him in the middle next year, and thus taking valuable midfield game time from a youngster.

What a *smile* situation.

Reactions: 8 users
Called it for a long time, but the game has gone past him. Watching Hawthorns midfield blitz it out of the middle (centre clearances 9-3 at 1/4 time) again today.

We don't need to it yet as picks are more important than salary cap. But in a couple of years we'll need to try and to a Jack Bowes with him and give picks away to someone to take his contract on.

Or just permanently play him in the VFL unless serious injuries strike.

Reactions: 5 users
Yep we *smile* this up deluxe. GWS may not have won flag yet but they know how to run a footy club. They do these sort of deals every year and bring in gun young players and develop them very well. It’s only a matter of time. Compare them to the Suns who are a complete rabble.

The Giants would have been pissing themselves signing this trade deal.
True
Our success came from Gc with Prestia Caddy and Lynch
Tarranto is as bad as Hopper this year.
N.E.T
(No effort Tim)

Somehow I think he knows this and will check out (retire) in 2 or 3 years if he doesn't get better.
We hope. I was also hoping for just a few effective disposals today. He's just not quick enough to evade pressure so mostly just turns it over; a classic for giving it off to a team-mate in a worse position than he is.

Whoever signed off on his recruitment for a first rounder needs to be hog tied and marched out the door. You only trade first round picks for All Australian standard not C grade plodders
Yep, never posted much on the relevant thread at the time of the deal because I never happened to watch a lot of GWS's games. But I just had real misgivings; just wondered if he was really worth it. Enough speed, class, good disposal? A worker bee but very limited.

But for a professional AFL recruiting team of deep premiership experience to fall for " and how about we chuck in the steak knives " deal has me gravely concerned.
I never want to see a RFC midfielder with no burst pace ever wear our jumper again ... no club can afford it in this era.

Reactions: 1 users
The guy is obviously not right. I wasn't a fan of getting him with Taranto but he was nowhere near as bad as he is atm. No impact or damage with his disposals at all. He came to us after knee ops in 2022 and has had knee issues this year. 7 year deal was irresponsible
Obviously why GWS chucked him in as steak knives ... and Blair and Co. fell for "Do I have a deal for you!!" And paid even more overs.

Reactions: 1 users
The result of being a club full of yes-men who wouldn’t challenge Dimma’s giant ego
Spot on.
I will defer to David King on this - premierships are so hard to win and if you think you are in the slot and bringing in a player or 2 will help achieve it then go for it. However eventually it will come back to bite you.
If we feel down on Hopper, imagine how he feels about the club and his role in it??

Reactions: 2 users
Trade him out.
750k for 5yrs??
To who?
No one will look at him .
We have issues every where.
We have 2 blokes now 1 tries his heart out but he is too slow. He is Andew Underwood 2024.
And the bigger issue is that Tarranto is just taking the *smile* now. The refusal to chase, the refusal to pressure, the refusal to tackle.

I would try to off load him Ala Omeara/Mitchell.
Stkilda would go for him
Melbourne 100%

If we kept our picks:
Pick 31(2022)
Emmett & Keeler.Not much to write home about there.
Pick 8(2023)
Curtin.
Caddy/D Wilson at this stage.

Think we need him for the next few just so to ease jagga/Fos or whoever into the mix until they mature.

But yeah we overpaid in hindsight.
Pick 8 was meant to be in the mid to late teens.

Surely Geelong are still interested? Coming into their age demographic.

• Haha
If we kept our picks:
Pick 31(2022)
Emmett & Keeler.Not much to write home about there.
Pick 8(2023)
Curtin.
Caddy/D Wilson at this stage.

Think we need him for the next few just so to ease jagga/Fos or whoever into the mix until they mature.

But yeah we overpaid in hindsight.
Pick 8 was meant to be in the mid to late teens.
That's the thing though. It should have been teens. Then it looks OK. A top 10........ :-*(