Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

Loving what I'm seeing of Rioli, the more I watch, the more it becomes apparent that he'll be a bonafide midfielder. There's every chance this becomes Frank's best pick in 7 years.

turk-d-tiger said:
Watching parts of the intra club game, What stood out to me was that he was playing inside for parts of the game and didnt look out of place and looked good

Im really liking what im seeing with daniel and he looks a beauty, I think we have more than just a small foward here and when we look back at the failed treloar trade it looks to be a blessing in desguise with Rioli/Caddy/Prestia instead of just Treloar

Really good point, there would be few people who would take Treloar now that the dust is settled. It's not too dissimilar to the Judd trade which the Eagles eventually won with JJK & Masten combing for 300 games of quality football.

bullus_hit said:
Loving what I'm seeing of Rioli, the more I watch, the more it becomes apparent that he'll be a bonafide midfielder. There's every chance this becomes Frank's best pick in 7 years.
Rioli hasn't got much to beat to win that :clap

mtench said:
Got a bit excited after watching the inter club match online. He's bulked up and is moving beautifully. Dan and Dusty looked a class above the rest!

The kid is lightning. If Bolten is quicker than Daniel, we will be seriously quick. I can't remember a Richmond team with that type of speed since?

Blind Turn said:
The kid is lightning. If Bolten is quicker than Daniel, we will be seriously quick. I can't remember a Richmond team with that type of speed since?

Discounting Lids you'd have to go way back to Michael Mitchell, one of my all time favourites.

bullus_hit said:
Discounting Lids you'd have to go way back to Michael Mitchell, one of my all time favourites.

Bartlett, Morris, Clay, Barrot? Bartlett, Wiley maybe? Now we have Oleg, Menedue, Drummond, Rioli and Bolten.
That's some serious toe.

We had the Mosquito fleet in the early 80s but they weren't all necessarily quick: Weightman, Bartlett, Rioli, Sarah, Rawlings, Collins.

tigertim said:
We had the Mosquito fleet in the early 80s but they weren't all necessarily quick: Weightman, Bartlett, Rioli, Sarah, Rawlings, Collins.

Jade? ;D You meant Rowlings

Denis Collins?? I thought he was a plodder.

tigertim said:

You forgot Raines.

CarnTheTiges said:
Don't know that we have to go back that far for pace. Lids was quick, Foley was too before the injuries,, as was Jake King.

Lids was/is quick but never felt he used it to break open games. Foley had to employ a personal running coach ( Bohdan Babijczuk ) to teach him how to use his pace off the mark as it was one of the reasons he originally didn't get drafted. Once he learnt how to use it he became a real weapon. Rioli and Bolten seems to have line breaking breakneck speed. These two will use their pace to destroy opponents. I'm going to enjoy the ride

tigertim said:

Barry Rowlings, Robert Wiley. John Annear for a time when we were on the slide

As a group

Markov , Menadue , Rioli , Bolton , Butler , Drummond , McIntosh , Martin , Caddy , Prestia , Edwards , Cotchin

I think this is probably the fastest group i have seen at Richmond Football Club in my 51 years

No one's mentioned Nathan Bower. I'm sure his pace is about the only thing that kept him on the list for as long as it did. We'd trot him out every time we played the Eagles. He'd run with Matera and Matera would do his block at him and get taken off by Mick. Just a shame that he couldn't play football very well.