Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

rokkafella said:
Looks an impressive specimen if the latest pics are anything to go by.

No skin fold issues on this bloke
Milesy in latest RFC video said Dan has put on 3 or 4kg with improved fitness. This has been evident for anyone that has viewed training this year :clap :clap

caesar said:
Milesy in latest RFC video said Dan has put on 3 or 4kg with improved fitness. This has been evident for anyone that has viewed training this year :clap :clap

Looks about half a stone to me, caesar.

Didnt play particularly well in the intra club. Apart from a few nice tackles.

Might take a bit to get used to his increased body size.

Has huge upside. Needs to impact the scoreboard more in my opinion.

What i want to see from Daniel Rioli in 2017

Average 17-18 possesions a game
4-5 tackles
25-30 goals
80/20 fwd/mid

Im pretty confident he will be around these levels with increased midfield time in 2018

Macca68 said:
Didnt play particularly well in the intra club. Apart from a few nice tackles.

Might take a bit to get used to his increased body size.

Has huge upside. Needs to impact the scoreboard more in my opinion.

Only glimpses but he set up one of Castagna's goals with some silk in the RFC highlights. Wow, makes me fidget just thinking about it

YinnarTiger said:
That's what 3 or 4 kg is in the old money.

Yep. He looks very tidy, Yinnar.

In the intra club Daniel twice went freak. Once at CHF/HFF where he was totally out of position and somehow wound up with the ball and in space. The other on centre wing - again he found himself out if position and this time he made a corridor in the pack, waltzed through it, got the ball, and then waltzed back out of it. (That might have been the one to George.)

He's bigger. And he'll be better.

Rioli has so much upside with which to look forward ... the potential is lip-smacking. Can't wait to see how he progresses in 2017.

He looks a lot bigger this year, which is a great sign.

He would want to though, my 11 year old has his old training jumper from last season and it's not too big for him.

Love Daniel and to see my son train in the number 17 is a treat.

Bullarto Tiger said:
Rioli has so much upside with which to look forward ... the potential is lip-smacking. Can't wait to see how he progresses in 2017.

With you, BT. If the season goes belly up early he's a bloke that will motivate me to keep attending. Did some *smile* phenomenal stuff in the intra. His ability to win a contest when outnumbered and hopelessly positioned is freakish. Reminds me of one of his relatives.

Gypsy__Jazz said:
With you, BT. If the season goes belly up early he's a bloke that will motivate me to keep attending. Did some *smile*ing phenomenal stuff in the intra. His ability to win a contest when outnumbered and hopelessly positioned is freakish. Reminds me of one of his relatives.

Like like like

what number and position do you think he will be played?

No mid training this year so probably all forward... IMO should be training with Mids next preseason, allow the progress to progress.....

Tigertough1974 said:
Like like like

what number and position do you think he will be played?

No mid training this year so probably all forward... IMO should be training with Mids next preseason, allow the progress to progress.....

Walks into the starting small forward role, TT74. Since he's a phenomenal talent in his second year, I'd hope they would try and throw him back at some stage. He's simply too talented for our coaches to be content with him just being a small forward. He's a genuine talent. We need to keep raising the bar and demanding more of him. Let's hope he isn't anchored to that forward line. Even though he is already one of our best. He's still a teenager for FFS. Way ahead of schedule.

Ian4 said:
what is his contract situation? has he been signed up for next year yet? needs to happen before round 1 IMO.

I'm gunna suggest he reads this before signing on again!

http://puntroadend.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=52949.0