Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

What excited me about Riolis game was his 'gut running'.

Numerous times he would run 100 metres to run and receive from a team mate.

Very rare for someone in a Richmond jumper!

Leysy Days said:
Geez, his graph is on a massive upward trajectory.
Before he was drafted the story was he had improved a lot in the draft year.
At the end of the preseason last year i was told by someone at the club that his improvement since arriving was staggering
This has been his trajectory for a couple of years and appears to have happened again

Quite frankly looked a class above most around him out there. Superb lightning vision and anticipation... That's a sign of something special.

Sintiger said:
Before he was drafted the story was he had improved a lot in the draft year.
At the end of the preseason last year i was told by someone at the club that his improvement since arriving was staggering
This has been his trajectory for a couple of years and appears to have happened again

Yep, thats exactly the graph leysy couldn't be arsed going into the detail of! Nice work Sin!

Watching parts of the intra club game, What stood out to me was that he was playing inside for parts of the game and didnt look out of place and looked good

Im really liking what im seeing with daniel and he looks a beauty, I think we have more than just a small foward here and when we look back at the failed treloar trade it looks to be a blessing in desguise with Rioli/Caddy/Prestia instead of just Treloar

turk-d-tiger said:
Watching parts of the intra club game, What stood out to me was that he was playing inside for parts of the game and didnt look out of place and looked good

Im really liking what im seeing with daniel and he looks a beauty, I think we have more than just a small foward here and when we look back at the failed treloar trade it looks to be a blessing in desguise with Rioli/Caddy/Prestia instead of just Treloar
Agree. He is much more than just a small forward. He will spend a fair bit of time up the ground. He will start to emulate the likes of Brad Hill and Motlop.

Smoking Aces said:
What excited me about Riolis game was his 'gut running'.

Numerous times he would run 100 metres to run and receive from a team mate.

Very rare for someone in a Richmond jumper!

I know he is hated by most on here but our # 6 does this a lot

taztiger4 said:
need to stitch him up to a long term deal soon, out of contract @ end of the year

BTW he is still living with Dimma & family

yes. I 'd have no anxiety about signing him for 4 @ $1.6m.

Dimma cant be as bad as everyone reckons?

Got a bit excited after watching the inter club match online. He's bulked up and is moving beautifully. Dan and Dusty looked a class above the rest!