Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

What his GC deal 5 year $5Million?
GC want him bad we need to demand 6 and 12
We need the picks just as bad. Im amazed so many just ignore this.

I think its a godsend that Bolton Rioli Baker have decided to go when it is patently obvious even with them we are going to spend years near the bottom. By going they are allowing us to get access to picks we would never normally get access to at a time when we most need them.

Why are people turning their noses up at a haul like 1, 6, 9, 16, 20, 21,Maybe 22 for Graham 23, 29 39 40 worst case scenario for Graham. in what is possibly the deepest draft of all time.
Talk about greed and hang the consequeces of losing all the good will we have built up and player respect in the comp by attempting to screw all and sundry in one foul swoop.

We may not be a destination club atm but one thing that will help us get players in the door is our reputation of looking after players real well who do come.
Most clubs are happy to deal in good faith with us with a bit of this year we will scratch your back next year you scratch ours we have done the hard yards in this and we have a great rapport with most clubs.

When it comes to the draft it seems common sense and even handed trades go out the window with far too many from not just us but all clubs.

Reactions: 1 user
Blair said 'we will ask for far more then pick 6'
What's the old saying again? Ask and you shall receive............................................... Yeah Nah, maybe maybe not. One starts high n the other starts low then negotiate till common ground is found somewhere in the middle.

Of all the players wanting to go, I hope we hold tight with Dan and keep him if the Suns don't want to hand over what we want.

He strikes me as the type that won't be resentful if he ends up staying.

Reactions: 2 users
Rumoured Chad Warner will cost the Frockers 3 first rounders
Why are we supposed to start low and why shouldnt we demand the best deal for our club?

Rumoured Chad Warner will cost the Frockers 3 first rounders
Why are we supposed to start low and why shouldnt we demand the best deal for our club?
Who says we are starting low and not demanding the best?

This trade hand we have is critical for the club. It's not like when we were winning Grand Finals for fun and could afford to play nice guys.

As discussions start I expect there to be leaks to the media claiming we are being unreasonable or asking for ridiculous trades.

Of all the players wanting to go, I hope we hold tight with Dan and keep him if the Suns don't want to hand over what we want.

He strikes me as the type that won't be resentful if he ends up staying.
Hi Grandfather did the same thing. Was going but ended up staying.

We need the picks just as bad. Im amazed so many just ignore this.

I think its a godsend that Bolton Rioli Baker have decided to go when it is patently obvious even with them we are going to spend years near the bottom. By going they are allowing us to get access to picks we would never normally get access to at a time when we most need them.

Why are people turning their noses up at a haul like 1, 6, 9, 16, 20, 21,Maybe 22 for Graham 23, 29 39 40 worst case scenario for Graham. in what is possibly the deepest draft of all time.
Talk about greed and hang the consequeces of losing all the good will we have built up and player respect in the comp by attempting to screw all and sundry in one foul swoop.

We may not be a destination club atm but one thing that will help us get players in the door is our reputation of looking after players real well who do come.
Most clubs are happy to deal in good faith with us with a bit of this year we will scratch your back next year you scratch ours we have done the hard yards in this and we have a great rapport with most clubs.

When it comes to the draft it seems common sense and even handed trades go out the window with far too many from not just us but all clubs.
Is it West Coast or Freo?

Come on - admit that's who you really barrack for.

BTW - I reckon it's Freo.

Is it West Coast or Freo?

Come on - admit that's who you really barrack for.

BTW - I reckon it's Freo.
Nah. I reckon he prob goes for both, that way he gets to stay in Perf for a home game every week n he's never watched a losing derby.
Gets to enjoy watching the Frockers with that little bit of extra polish push hard into finals and Wet Coke finally get their rebuild under way with a shiny new coach.

Reactions: 1 users
If the Suns don't play ball with our asking price then we keep him and expect him to continue to give us good services to the end of his contract. He now knows how much we, as a club, value him so unless their are outside influences then it must give him food for thought. I would hate to see him leave us out of all the four looking to move elsewhere

Both can be true. if it's better for both him and his partner then that's a reasonable call.
Lets just hope the compensation & resulting players we draft offsets the disappointment.
What is “better”?
I want more money?
I like the weather?
I like Dimma?
Sorry, signed contract, not interested in partner “wants”, see you next season, be at your best!
Soft, soft, soft!!!
Make him accountable.