Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

CC TIGER said:
And if he doesn't an Rioli gets OP in the off season it will be all Dimmas fault too.

Has periods of no influence which is expected in your first year as well as the position he plays, however his ability to tackle and touch around the ball has exceeded my expectations in his first year.
No that would just be bad luck. There are 2 games to go, CC. Do you really think those 2 games are going to break Rioli or any other young player?

CarnTheTiges said:
No that would just be bad luck. There are 2 games to go, CC. Do you really think those 2 games are going to break Rioli or any other young player?

hes a skinny kid. handle with kid gloves for sure

CarnTheTiges said:
Wouldn't think it would make or break him CTT. His had a few weeks off and a VFL game so he should be right to go ? Peter Burge seems pretty switched on with the management of players, so I'd go with his judgement on all of the youngsters for the final 2 weeks, actually against the Swans I'd blood a few and send our key players on holidays early

He's had a stand out year in my book.

Great effort by the kid given his age.

That said, its all downhill from here given the way Richmond
develops and coaches its young players....

Daniel Smith. I don't see any significant resemblance between him and other Smiths. Not to say there aren't many worth comment.

But I love the delusion of the child. He wants to punch everybody up. Because he's bigger than them.

And then he punches them up. And runs away with the football.

He should be giving transfusions to every other senior player. (Except Rance.)

His kicking. It was pretty poor early daws and yes, he failed in vision (actually poise) a couple of times. But he still hit targets. He didn't used to do that.

In every respect, more so in his failings, he's improved. Daniel Smith, against top-four company, proved on Sunday that he is a senior player.

Colonel said:
Boy can play. Great work ethic.

Sure can. Also our most physical player today was our smallest framed player. Says a lot really.

Finishing strong when could be excused for fading out. Highly promising first season. Great game today.

I would have to apologise. I thought he didn't have it in him. He was Brillant today.
Pity his other brother Edwards was a heap of *smile* again today