Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

Agree on both counts. is a keeper but needs a run in the VFL. Surnames shouldn't gift games.

Rioli needs to play seniors 1 nothing gained by putting him back to the 2"s. Let him play and find his feet for the remainder of the year !!!

Daniel Smith had an ordinary game tonight. He was real good in the magoos last week, but mainly without ball.

I'm ok with his being dropped on tonight's game. (But I don't think he should have been promoted.)

While it is tempting to hop on the 'he is only here because of his surname' I reckon that, just like Markov, Castagna, Short and McBean, he should be kept in the one's. This is conditional on the understanding that he is given suitable feedback on an area he is to work on each match.

Yes is light needs power would hawthorn or Sydney play him .... nooooo needs to learn at a lower level and have time to develop but we are Richmond we have a pathetic development system

duddelist said:
Yes is light needs power would hawthorn or Sydney play him .... nooooo needs to learn at a lower level and have time to develop but we are Richmond we have a pathetic development system

Based on the last two week's performances, he could be better off playing in the 2s...

Rioli being repeatedly played despite hardly getting a touch is classic Dimma.
It's because he was our first round draft pick and his name is Rioli.
Short and Castagna both showed more in their early appearances and then were promptly dropped.
Hardwick selects on reputation over performance.

17 said:
Rioli being repeatedly played despite hardly getting a touch is classic Dimma.
It's because he was our first round draft pick and his name is Rioli.
Short and Castagna both showed more in their early appearances and then were promptly dropped.
Hardwick selects on reputation over performance.

Hardwick is a *smile*

I watched him a few times tonight quite close up and I have absolutely no doubt he is going to be a very good player for us. The only issue he has is with his body , he tries to do things that he is not yet physically capable of.

2 pre seasons and he is a star, back it in.

One thing you have to say about him as well is that despite his light frame the kid is fearless.

Backs himself as well. Not bad for a skinny little first year kid.

Sintiger said:
I watched him a few times tonight quite close up and I have absolutely no doubt he is going to be a very good player for us. The only issue he has is with his body , he tries to do things that he is not yet physically capable of.

2 pre seasons and he is a star, back it in.

One thing you have to say about him as well is that despite his light frame the kid is fearless.
Well said Sin.

Kid can play. Just needs time.

He might get the ball that often but he makes the opposition cough it up with his pressure.

Dare I say, Tambling-esque performances this year so far

Hopefully can improve on them and become a much better player though

We might as well get the games into him for the rest of the year.

Does he have explosive pace? Seems to struggle to get separation. If he can develop that, I think we will see a better player

Will be a gun eventually, but right now isn't earning his spot. Being gifted games by Hardwick right now.