Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

Tigerflag2008 said:
More than Lloyd's after the siren goal?

Yeah. Rioli's charge was full of hope for the future and a taste of things to come.

Llyod's goal was brilliant, but in a different way.
yandb said:
This was possible due to the change in game plan by Hardwick in the 4th 1/4, normaly our forward line is that congested there is no room to move.

Finally he is seeing reason and embracing a better game plan even if it is the Bulldogs game plan.

Try keeping your anti-Beavis rants in the Beavis thread. No need to cross polite other threads just to try and get someone to agree with you.

So Baloo if you don't agree with the post it is a rant if you do then it is a good point. :cutelaugh :cutelaugh :cutelaugh

yandb said:
So Baloo if you don't agree with the post it is a rant if you do then it is a good point. :cutelaugh :cutelaugh :cutelaugh

Regardless, why spoil a feel good Rioli thread with your anti-Beavis trolling

What I love most about Rioli are his pressure acts that lead to the opposition making mistakes.
Following these mistakes he bounces up with 2nd and third efforts and is ready to go again putting himself in a dangerous position to hurt teams offensively.
He's a real two way player & it stands out like dogs balls!

Tigers of Old said:
What I love most about Rioli are his pressure acts that lead to the opposition making mistakes.
Following these mistakes he bounces up with 2nd and third efforts and is ready to go again putting himself in a dangerous position to hurt teams offensively.

spot on

Tigers of Old said:

Yeah the kid is slight and in a few years will hopefully have another 10kg on him but going to ground so much is a concern for me. Love this kid and hope he turns out to be A+++ but think he needs to stay on his feet more.

Tigers of Old said:
Both his goals the other night were the result of second efforts. Not only does this kid have speed, but also endurance and composure. I think he is confident in his athletic abilities, just needs to translate that to consistent performances on the footy field which will come with experience.

yandb said:

your point was nonsense anyway. we spend half the game with no one in our forward. this is pointed out constantly.
we congest our forward line when we get the ball there. when the ball is in our backline we flood the oppositions forward line.

back to topic, I dont know that Rioli will ever be a true centre square mid, but hopefully he can become a half forward flanker who can rack up 20+ disposals plus kick goals. think Motlop, just not as fat.

Brodders17 said:
your point was nonsense anyway. we spend half the game with no one in our forward. this is pointed out constantly.
we congest our forward line when we get the ball there. when the ball is in our backline we flood the oppositions forward line.

back to topic, I dont know that Rioli will ever be a true centre square mid, but hopefully he can become a half forward flanker who can rack up 20+ disposals plus kick goals. think Motlop, just not as fat.

He seemed to be spending a fair bit of time in the centre square on Saturday. Not sure if that's because we had flooded back or he was sent there for some experience.

Gee he's exciting this young fella. His quick hands in the lead up to Lloyd's goal in between half back and the wing were brilliant. Could be anything.

Dunno how anyone can see he won't be a mid. First year playing showing plenty off half forward - doubt he will play as a half forward for the next dozen years.

Won a hard ball on the half backline last Q, wrenched the ball off a swans opponent and got it out to Jack, it led to one of our goals, the run and bounce Griff one I think. Brilliant effort.

Agree with the comments above. Will be interesting to see how Cotch combines with Rioli in the midfield. Between Cotch, Rioli and Edwards getting over his hand injury, that's a lot of creativity by hand.

Yep, just needs to build that core and keep working on his kicking - both feet.

Scope very high.

his 2nd/3rd efforts are the things that stand out the most about him. the scoreboard side will come in time but his workrate is sensational

Tigers of Old said:
Bounces up just as quick.

:hihi

Jonesracing82 said:
his 2nd/3rd efforts are the things that stand out the most about him. the scoreboard side will come in time but his workrate is sensational

Yep. I dont quite get why every talented medium/small who gets a go at AFL doesnt bounce around and work like this kid.

If your an elite 18 yo athlete (e.g ben lennon ...dont mean to single him out, think hell be a good player for us, but he springs to mind as a bloke who could appear to work a bit harder) vying for a gig, wouldnt working your clacker off and doing everything in your power to get involved in something be the easy bit?

I love Drioli as much as JR appears to

Didn't Cyril miss last week with a family member illness? Is it the same family member?