Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

Loved that he got that great smother in on Franklin, shows he is getting in there well.

The 2 goals, pressure and tackles weren't too shabby either! ;D

Really enjoying watching Rioli's initial foray into AFL football.
By gosh, he's still such a young'un but the potential is obvious.
Like so many others, I see a budding champion here.
Also really enjoying seeing the on-field relationship that seems to be developing between Rioli and Riewoldt. Thinking Jack may be taking him under his wing.

Very much on the same wavelength as Jack, which is a huge compliment to Daniel.

The understanding they already have will become a devastating combination, and maybe sooner than anyone would have thought.

Bullarto Tiger said:
Really enjoying watching Rioli's initial foray into AFL football.
By gosh, he's still such a young'un but the potential is obvious.
Like so many others, I see a budding champion here.
Also really enjoying seeing the on-field relationship that seems to be developing between Rioli and Riewoldt. Thinking Jack may be taking him under his wing.

Loved him tonight and the G was rocking see a Rioli kicking goals for the Tiges at the G again.

In a few years with a bit of extra muscle, Rioli is going to be a gun.

Completely lost it after the match. Was in tears, sobbing uncontrollably. The family matter that Cyril took off to and the joy of winning got to him.

The pleasing thing and hopefully reported thing was Shane Edwards & Jack Riewoldt wrapped in him in a joint bear hug to shield him and allow him to regain composure.

And Jack & Lids had a word in head ear for about 30 seconds and he was back to normal. Huge leadership moment.

I've watched the replay of that running goal about 10 times, it was spine tingling, with each bounce the roar from the tiger crowd grew, then when he stuck it through the roof came off! great moment.

His tackling for a lean young bloke is sublime

I remember reading that the hope is, that as he matures and fills out he is a midfield prospect. Thoughts??

This was always the hope with Cyril. But dodgy hamstrings haven't allowed him to extend his versatility to this.

Daniel is reported to have a really good engine. So is possible I suppose. How good would it be to see him bursting from the centre, two bounces, hits Chol on the chest lace out.

Panthera Tigris said:
I remember reading that the hope is, that as he matures and fills out he is a midfield prospect. Thoughts??

This was always the hope with Cyril. But dodgy hamstrings haven't allowed him to extend his versatility to this.

Daniel is reported to have a really good engine. So is possible I suppose. How good would it be to see him bursting from the centre, two bounces, hits Chol on the chest lace out.
It'll happen.

Panthera Tigris said:

oMG :partyfest :partyfest :partyfest

SCOOP said:
Completely lost it after the match. Was in tears, sobbing uncontrollably. The family matter that Cyril took off to and the joy of winning got to him.

The pleasing thing and hopefully reported thing was Shane Edwards & Jack Riewoldt wrapped in him in a joint bear hug to shield him and allow him to regain composure.

And Jack & Lids had a word in head ear for about 30 seconds and he was back to normal. Huge leadership moment.

I never noticed that SCOOP, but you'd expect it. That goal with 4 bounces made me feel the great Uncle Moz was around....somewhere.

Fitted to number 17 forever Rio.

tigersnake said:
I've watched the replay of that running goal about 10 times, it was spine tingling, with each bounce the roar from the tiger crowd grew, then when he stuck it through the roof came off! great moment.

At the ground, it was epic. That last quarter had the voice of 80k.

SCOOP said:
At the ground, it was epic. That last quarter had the voice of 80k.

Thought so too. The noise was growing in anticipation as he got each step closer to goal.