Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

Rioli was huge news again tonight. He only lasted a half but he was top three for the Tiges at his best.

Made a few blues. His kicking continues to be a problem. But his presence and his endeavour. Wow.

Best player we've recruited since Martin. And yeah, a pure mid.

alexwern said:
We'll turn him into a back pocket yet. .....

Maybe. But Daniel Rioli has standards. And he won't let anybody turn him into an excuse machine.

Must watch the replay. Wouldn't want to miss the Rioli emergence. Will post after that.

19yo. Playa.

Short vid of him and Uncle Cyril on the Tigers website.

Taking the proverbial out of each other.

Apparently DR is known as "scrumptious". At least Broose didn't come up with that name like he did for Uncle Cyril :vomit

tigertim said:
Just needs to work on his finishing a bit.
Yep, plenty to like about young Daniel, but his kicking is letting him down a bit at the moment. Probably just needs to take that extra half second to make sure he gets that right instead of just banging at the ball in a big hurry.

Accountability. Owns his mistakes, doesn't need validation when he does something right.

And every now and then he does something special, as though it's no big deal.

Going to be a genuine superstar of the game. And yes, he's a pure mid. About time we drafted one, even if it was by accident.

I've noticed opposition clubs hammering him as soon as he gets the ball around a stoppage , gets up straight away and goes again , great learning how hot it is in the kitchen early on

Dyer'ere said:
Rioli was huge news again tonight. He only lasted a half but he was top three for the Tiges at his best.

Made a few blues. His kicking continues to be a problem. But his presence and his endeavour. Wow.

Best player we've recruited since Martin. And yeah, a pure mid.

Loved Daniels game. A breath of fresh air. He has excitement written all over him. I love the way even the opposition respect him

yandb said:
A lot to like but still a bit raw.

Yeah, that about sums it up. A lot these kids seem to get over the top praise early, maybe that's why people are disappointed later. Not so sure about genuine star of the comp and pure mid.

Rioli has a lot to prove. If he turns out as good as Garlett I'll be happy.

CC TIGER said:
I've noticed opposition clubs hammering him as soon as he gets the ball around a stoppage , gets up straight away and goes again , great learning how hot it is in the kitchen early on
Yep, and it was even better to see Jack look after him on more than one occasion when this was happening. Leadership. Most of the other guys would just run off thinking about themselves.

Rancey18 said:
Yep, and it was even better to see Jack look after him on more than one occasion when this was happening. Leadership. Most of the other guys would just run off thinking about themselves.
Jack Reiwoldt the most underrated team man in the comp.......lot of passion for his club like the Tasmaian before him

CC TIGER said:

Yep was caught a few times too but you can see he has what it takes. Just needs to gain experience under the higher pressure situations and he'll become an excellent player for us.

Still seems a bit slow with his reaction times to me. But he's still getting accustomed to the faster pace. Is progressing well.