Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

He seems to have a decent leg on him - I hope they encourage him to use it and take some shots for goal.

Rioli has done okay this game, can't expect too much from the kid so early on.

He's shows he has some talent and by the looks of it a cool head.

One bright spot player in a very dismal team performance....

Impressive debut. Didn't look out of place which can't be said for a lot of his team mates tonight. I think he's going to be playing more games than not in the seniors this year

Baloo said:
Impressive debut. Didn't look out of place which can't be said for a lot of his team mates tonight. I think he's going to be playing more games than not in the seniors this year

Yep. Looked more composed than most. Well done Rio.

I must have watched a different game. I thought in the second half he made a couple of pretty bad mistakes and then shortly after just looked for the handoff when he had space. After that, it was like he was avoiding the football. Could have been tired for sure, and I am not condemning him, but I think he needs some reserves footy.

Hardwick said he had some soreness in the 2nd half. WIll take a little while to get match hardened. Did pretty well for his first game and 6 tackles including a couple of beauties.

tigersnake said:
Depending on how he pulled up, I'd play him again.
Agree. He exerted some serious pressure. 6 tackles shows that. But need to make sure we don't burn him. He is only 65kg.

Give him a few weeks off. Grigg, Lids and Maric in? Reckon Rioli and Morris would be first to go. He will good plenty of chances later in the year. Promising signs

tigerlove said:
Hardwick said he had some soreness in the 2nd half. WIll take a little while to get match hardened. Did pretty well for his first game and 6 tackles including a couple of beauties.

Copped a cork in the 3rd quarter. Will probably get a rest next week

Total Tiger said:
Copped a cork in the 3rd quarter. Will probably get a rest next week

Probably explains it, seemed to be covering the ground slower in the 2nd half, hence why his tackling dropped off a bit. Looks like he could be a ripper for us though. The excitement whenver he got near the ball near to goal was evident at the ground, everyone was dying for him to kick a goal, roof would have lifted off I reckon. Love the lads tackling pressure, will be a real weapon for us.

Rioli worked for a half or so. And his disposal was below AFL standard again. But he was aggressive. And played with courage.

If his 60kg frame can take it let him try again.

BTW can't kick.

Looked taller than I thought at ground level, and isn't a light as many 18 yr olds Ive seen in a game of AFL footy.

I think people are expecting too much from him. Wasn't a regular in the under 18s til last year. Is a late maturer and must have had a great preseason to earn selection. Will be a very good player for us.

Dyer'ere said:
Rioli worked for a half or so. And his disposal was below AFL standard again. But he was aggressive. And played with courage.

BTW can't kick.

Another brilliant post.

This poster must one of few that really understands the game.

Dyer'ere said:

BTW can't kick.
Jack I was watching DR in the warm up and it dawned on me that his kicking style is not unlike Tambling. Decent signs but a long way to go no doubt, looks more mid then forward to me