Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

looked fab last night ..especially when up the grand...looked a bit lost when viceroy n chol were next to him

The lack of mass is not the problem at this stage. It's Rioli's use that is letting him down and that is a function of adjusting to the tempo. He's got to adjust to work more outside but his instincts are fierce.

Dimma rated him 50/50 for R1. But if Rioli had used the ball well on Thursday night he'd be a certainty.

I hope he gets called up and hits targets. If he does I expect him to play every game.

Rioli will play round 1.

This has always been the plan and after 3 games of nab cup and some encouraging performances why change the plan ?

nikolasmia said:
Rioli will play round 1.

This has always been the plan and after 3 games of nab cup and some encouraging performances why change the plan ?

Good call, nikolasmia.

Lloyd ahead of him for round 1 in my opinion, let him find some touch in the vfl and bring him in when he is actually ready.

Some players are best developed playing AFL instead of playing in a poor VFL side
If we can play Morris in the forward line for a dozen games. Theres no reason why cant persist with Rioli

MalenyTiger said:
Lloyd ahead of him for round 1 in my opinion, let him find some touch in the vfl and bring him in when he is actually ready.

Agree. Hasn't done enough to get a game yet,where not a bottom 4 side to gifts games.

MalenyTiger said:

Hopefully by dreamtime he will have done enough to warrant selection.

Took him 3 games to get used to the tempo of practice matches and round 1 will be a quantum leap from that.

I would really like to see him serve an apprenticeship in the 2s but he looks to me like he will be a player. Just not quite yet and that is totally understandable.

Sintiger said:
Took him 3 games to get used to the tempo of practice matches and round 1 will be a quantum leap from that.

I would really like to see him serve an apprenticeship in the 2s but he looks to me like he will be a player. Just not quite yet and that is totally understandable.
I think Hardwick said it when he was talking about Yarran's unavailability early season, it's a marathon, not a sprint and it applies with Rioli. He's shown enough to suggest that given the time to learn the game and develop physically he will be a very good player, just not this season, although his NAB games have me thinking he'll play more senior footy this year than I originally anticipated.

Those that speak of Lloyd taking riolis spot are way off the mark .

Rioli brings something to the table that Lloyd does not possess .

PACE

Sintiger said:

Yes and yes. Rioli will be a star, but he doesn't need to be anything this year other than developed.

DLR said:
Yes and yes. Rioli will be a star, but he doesn't need to be anything this year other than developed.

Exactly.

What does it say about PREnders that they place so much of their fantasy expectations on two 18 yr old draftees - Rioli and Chol - to reverse this club's finals flops.
No matter how promising, they are years away from their best yet.
Improvement must come from the experienced players with hardened bodies like Townsend, A. Moore, Yarran, Vickery, Griffiths, BEllis, Astbury, Vlaustin, Lloyd, Lambert, perhaps Marcon, and youngsters with a year or two into their careers such as McIntosh, Lennon, CEllis, Menadue etc.