Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

CC TIGER said:
I see a little D Kerr about him

I'll keep an eye out for that, CC. He's a lot more about contests than I expected. He'll be in for Round 1, won't he?

Dyer'ere said:
I'll keep an eye out for that, CC. He's a lot more about contests than I expected. He'll be in for Round 1, won't he?
Any other year I'd say lock him in Ed, however there's a bit of depth there now so it won't be so easy, in saying that I think they've got him locked in.

Doesn't lack confidence Jack, he was up this way couple of weeks a go , nice young bloke who gave me the impression his going to love showing his tricks on the big stage

CC TIGER said:
Any other year I'd say lock him in Ed, however there's a bit of depth there now so it won't be so easy, in saying that I think they've got him locked in.

Doesn't lack confidence Jack, he was up this way couple of weeks a go , nice young bloke who gave me the impression his going to love showing his tricks on the big stage

He's caught you and me both by surprise so far, brother. Let's hope he keeps doing that. I reckon you're right that the match committee has him all but locked in.

Seems to have the attitude to match the attributes. With some time,
size and experience look out

Just watched the first quarter and he certainly looked a lot better than the week before. Was pleasantly surprised.

yandb said:
Well he had his chance this week and showed some elite skills but not consistent enough to justify selection in round one.

There are other players who are more deserving of a place in the senior side.

I am looking forward to when those elite skills are a regular part of his game and carving it up in the seniors.
agree, he will take time, he may play early on as well but in time he will be a player. plenty of time

Looked a lot better. A lot more at home.

Picking up the pace, needs to keep playing.

I'd give him the first month at AFL level.

First step is utter greased lightning. I thought it is was a huge pace adjustment yesterday. Then he'll start getting it.
I agree, a LOT to work with here.

Tigers of Old said:
The repeat contests are what I loved most. He sure wants that ball and when he doesn't get it he makes sure the opposition can't use it either.

True. I didn't realise on first viewing that his goal began on the half back flank where he ran it out of defence and hit a target lace out 40ish metres away. He was involved in the play inside 50 only seconds later. Certainly got a motor on him.

Stylo said:
True. I didn't realise on first viewing that his goal began on the half back flank where he ran it out of defence and hit a target lace out 40ish metres away. He was involved in the play inside 50 only seconds later. Certainly got a motor on him.

Didn't he get it out to Martin as well or was that Shed?

Ridley said:
Don't recall Dean being that quick. Unless he was being rolled down a steep hill.

I get your point, Ridley.
I guess I was referring more to the way the Riolis move on their feet, their balance and beautiful side-steps rather than about foot speed and pace (although Cyril and Daniel do possess pace).
Maurice wasn't exactly quick but he moved in such a way that evaded oncoming opposition and then gave him space to execute.
Dean Rioli was a pretty good footballer there for a while and had some very good attributes.