Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

I was mostly impressed with his endurance to get to and around the ball so much at such an early stage. Especially for a small forward. But when he had it despite one good run and kick to Vickery (which should've been a goal for Dan) he showed he needs to spend most of the year in the 2's.

Has improved in leaps & bounds over the three weeks.

Look forward to him after ten games.

Should play every week.

SCOOP said:

Should play every week.
Spot on SCOOP.

His pressure without the ball makes the opposition rush their kicks.

Barnzy said:
I was mostly impressed with his endurance to get to and around the ball so much at such an early stage. Especially for a small forward. But when he had it despite one good run and kick to Vickery (which should've been a goal for Dan) he showed he needs to spend most of the year in the 2's.
The forward has to mark that. He's not sure where the goals are, he's positive he can mark it. Mark it. Make sure of the goal, don't hope it goes through.

Young Daniel improves with every outing. I was reticent to get excited given the name and my love for Maurice and Cyril. But he's a good-un.

While I'm a big fan of Tiwi people and have romanced a Tiwi lady in the past which make me want to love Daniel to bits. I am not convinced. I recon he often fumbles his first touch and is absent when the ball drops from a pack where a small forward should be. I wish him the best but there is a very long way to go.

fastin bulbous said:
While I'm a big fan of Tiwi people and have romanced a Tiwi lady in the past which make me want to love Daniel to bits. I am not convinced. I recon he often fumbles his first touch and is absent when the ball drops from a pack where a small forward should be. I wish him the best but there is a very long way to go.

I'm with you on this one. Still not convinced.

SCOOP said:

Should play every week.

Agee. Improved every game. Looked like he can compete at the level tonight. Just a little bit off the pace which will come quickly for him I reckon

fastin bulbous said:

Whaaaaatt? How many times did Lids fumble tonight? Are you still to be convinced about him?

The kid is 18, 70kgs and playing his 3rd game. Of course he is going to fumble while he adjusts to AFL level

He'll take some time to develop physically and won't play every game, but he will play senior footy this year and the way he's improved a little with every outing makes me think he'll come on pretty quick.

With Edwards being unlikely to play round one. I would tell him that the position is yours for round one. Let's see what he can do on the big stage.

Way ahead of where I was expecting him to be. Good signs, should play more senior footy this season than I had previously thought.

While he will never have a highlight reel as good as Cyril in the long run he will be much more consistent with his output. Kid showed some fantastic signs last night and very happy we picked him up. In 2-3 years will be one of our better players.

Showed more in the game last night than B.Ellis.

He's almost the polar opposite of Cyril with the traits as first year players.

One's fit, one wasn't.
One was lazy, one isn't.
One had elite skills, one doesn't.

Well ahead of the curve, but wont impact this year. 4 to 5 games as a taster while he gets stronger.

Needs to keep a footy in his hands at all times as well. Touch and footskills still need plenty of work.

He won't end up anything like Cyril either. Will play a lot higher up the ground ala Steven Motlop or possibly even from the back half like Harbrow.

Leysy Days said:
He's almost the polar opposite of Cyril with the traits as first year players.

One's fit, one wasn't.
One was lazy, one isn't.
One had elite skills, one doesn't.

Well ahead of the curve, but wont impact this year. 4 to 5 games as a taster while he gets stronger.

Needs to keep a foot in his hands at all times as well. Touch and footskills still need plenty of work.

He won't end up anything like Cyril either. Will play a lot higher up the ground ala Steven Motlop or possibly even from the back half like Harbrow.

Worked out all of that in just three weeks?

I certainly agree on the fitness. As for the rest, I'd give him some time.

I do agree that 4-5 games would be a good result for this year.