Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

Should've kept our original pick and may have snagged Milera.
His game on the weekend was McLeod like

zippadeee said:

We did keep our original pick; was not traded for Yarran if that's what you're thinking. That was our second - pick 19 (slid to 23).

Our first pick - 12 - became 15 due to input of Academy picks, and we took Dan Rioli.

Given Milera went real pick 11, how were we supposed to have got him again !? Or am I missing something?

http://www.afl.com.au/draft/draft-tracker

leon said:
We did keep our original pick; was not traded for Yarran if that's what you're thinking. That was our second - pick 19 (slid to 23).

Our first pick - 12 - became 15 due to input of Academy picks, and we took Dan Rioli.

Given Milera went real pick 11, how were we supposed to have got him again !? Or am I missing something?

http://www.afl.com.au/draft/draft-tracker

Trade Morris for pick 3 & 5 :hihi

zippadeee said:
Trade Morris for pick 3 & 5 :hihi

Two words - Daryl Kerrigan ;D

Was at the games and didn't mind Daniel's involvement. Was on the Easterly side so mostly saw what he did there, but you could see him working it out beautifully at times. Was sharp for a couple of intercepts, didn't want to waste it, tackled when he could - was actually pretty happy with the kids game - am not about to compare with Milera because he doesn't compare - Milera a superstar waiting to happen. We couldn't get him simple as that. But Daniel will work his way into it nicely thank you.

zippadeee said:

lol

you have no idea what you are talking about.

Rubbish and more rubbish as usual.

DLR said:
Two words - Daryl Kerrigan ;D

Was at the games and didn't mind Daniel's involvement. Was on the Easterly side so mostly saw what he did there, but you could see him working it out beautifully at times. Was sharp for a couple of intercepts, didn't want to waste it, tackled when he could - was actually pretty happy with the kids game - am not about to compare with Milera because he doesn't compare - Milera a superstar waiting to happen. We couldn't get him simple as that. But Daniel will work his way into it nicely thank you.
Milera was good by all reports, let's see how he goes in a side that gets thumped as Rioli's was was. had our kids got on top (would have been an exceptional effort) Rioli would have been more involved at his position. can't expct a small fwd to have an impact when the rest of the side is getting hammered....

There was a very Rioli moment on the game today, think it was the third Q. The telecast had an interview with Breust or someone while the game was being played so the commentators were distracted by that. Ball at CHF, heavy traffic, DR get the ball and can't decide what to do with it, dodges and weaves for quite a while while he decides what to do. Nobody could touch him, shades of Maurice. I liked it a lot.

Tigers of Old said:
Showed why he was drafted high today. Big step forward.
Yep today's game showed what he can deliver. Can't wait to see him with a few pre-seasons under his belt.

I like the way he stays involved even when he hadn't got the ball, chases, harasses, tackles. It's basically all we ever got out of Morris plus the off chance he may kick the odd goal or two.

Smoking Aces said:
Yep today's game showed what he can deliver. Can't wait to see him with a few pre-seasons under his belt.
Did some very nice things in yesterday's game. He may come on a bit quicker than we all think. Just has that natural instinct for the game.

BrisTiger24 said:
Some superb one touch efforts. Showed some nice disposal too.

was a bit fumbly in the 1st , twice right in front of us.

generally very good & his ability to get too multiple contests was pleasing

Interestingly spent very little time playing a a traditional small forward, attended some centre bounces, was on the wings & even in back line

Jonesracing82 said:
Milera was good by all reports, let's see how he goes in a side that gets thumped as Rioli's was was. had our kids got on top (would have been an exceptional effort) Rioli would have been more involved at his position. can't expct a small fwd to have an impact when the rest of the side is getting hammered....

Well he had his chance this week and showed some elite skills but not consistent enough to justify selection in round one.

There are other players who are more deserving of a place in the senior side.

I am looking forward to when those elite skills are a regular part of his game and carving it up in the seniors.

I wasn't as excited as most when he was drafted, however he looks like he could well be a class midfielder in time

CC TIGER said:
I wasn't as excited as most when he was drafted, however he looks like he could well be a class midfielder in time

Same here, Mr Chips. He's got it.