Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

jb03 said:
More Willie than Cyril?

We need midfielders (and not from port or GWS reserves) a small forward is *smile*.
You use late picks or the rookie draft to find small forwards (Butler & Small)
We won 15 games without a true small forward but got destroyed in a final because lack of midfield depth

May make the odd cameo in 2016, but only if things are pretty ordinary regarding form and injuries to other players.
Needs development still, but the upside is that there are indications that he has got some skills and ability.

Surely people can't be surprised. Cannot judge a 75kg kid by his first game against a senior top 4 team and being surrounded by other kids.

Hopefully will be a great learning experience for all the kids that played.

Tigerflag2008 said:
Surely people can't be surprised. Cannot judge a 75kg kid by his first game against a senior top 4 team and being surrounded by other kids.

Hopefully will be a great learning experience for all the kids that played.
I'm not. But it certainly doesnt stop some on here digging the boots in after a practice match - going to be a long season for them to keep it up!

FWIW I thought he was better than Lloyd. Applied good defensive pressure. Should have been rewarded for great tackles on a couple of occasions. He won't play round 1 but I reckon he's good enough to play seniors at some stage, especially when he's got decent players around him.

Will debut on Dreamtime. Play 2 or 3 weeks then back to the seconds.

zippadeee said:
We need midfielders (and not from port or GWS reserves) a small forward is *smile*.
You use late picks or the rookie draft to find small forwards (Butler & Small)
We won 15 games without a true small forward but got destroyed in a final because lack of midfield depth
Agree small forwards are hard to identify better left to the lottery end of the draw

Agreed. Good reality check for supporters coming into the real stuff.

Will have less than 5 games at an average of that many possessions at the top level this year.

Nil impact.

That's fine. But he's been written up as a hope to solve our small forward woes this year.

That wont happen.

Leysy Days said:
Agreed. Good reality check for supporters coming into the real stuff.

Will have less than 5 games at an average of that many possessions at the top level this year.

Nil impact.

That's fine. But he's been written up as a hope to solve our small forward woes this year.

That wont happen.
Yeah, he's a kid and he looks like a kid physically. Will take time to develop and needs to spend most of his time this year getting used to playing against big bodied adults, which is what he'll get week in week out in the VFL.

Thought he was very unlucky on the day

Didn't get much opportunity in our fw line

Cluncked some tackles and should have been rewarded more by the umpires