Welcome to Richmond - Kaleb Smith | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond - Kaleb Smith

Liked that he started off slow but got better as the game went on. Didn't go into his shell.

Reactions: 1 users
I wasn't paying enough attention while reading through, but whoever it was who was being overly negative on the GameDay thread - yeah right. First game. 2nd year (and missed much of his first injured). 3rd round pick. Exceeds expectations for a first game sample on any reasonable measure. Control your emotions.

Pretty good for a 1.25 gamer gamer, pick 49 with no real first season due injury.
My main concern is pace based on this single view.
Seems to have a body that will fill out though and made some good decisions and skill execution.

Reactions: 3 users
I said it was based off one observation. n=1 is a bad data set. Clearly did OK at his combine testing. So that would say its either indecision or the first few steps to get up to speed. indecision seems most likely at first step up to AFL level.

His next phase of his development is to use his pace from D50 to Forward 50 similar to Rioli. At the moment he gets it in D50 uses his pace to get away but then kicks it. This will come with experience.

His kicking is elite.

Reactions: 1 user
Will be interesting where Smithy ends up. Can see him being a good winger as well as a good back flanker.

I said it was based off one observation. n=1 is a bad data set. Clearly did OK at his combine testing. So that would say its either indecision or the first few steps to get up to speed. indecision seems most likely at first step up to AFL level.

I think its the way he runs, he's got a strange running shape that makes him look slow. I've watched a few games in the 2's where he seems to be moving in quicksand at times, and then he just bursts away from a contest. He's certainly not slow, but has a running action that "appears" to look like he's slow.

Reactions: 1 user
Actually, he's more a strider. Big strides and then jets off with beautiful passes.

I haven’t seen anything to get too excited about. Pretty standard, nothing special. Most clubs roll out these types each time. What am I missing?