Welcome to Richmond - Kaleb Smith | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond - Kaleb Smith

From reports Kaleb had a good game at VFL. I know he is though of as essentially a halfback but I would drop Short and try Kaleb in his position next week. At least he would bring some hardness and drive so sadly lacking in Shorts game right now
Hardness has been lacking in Shorty's game since he started . He's had good players around him to help him , i.e. he's an Andrew Mackie style of player . He can run and kick well but you need to get the ball to him.

Kaleb Smith (22 disposals, five marks, nine tackles, seven rebound-50s)

“The work that Kaleb is putting in at the footy club each and every morning is certainly paying off. He looked like he was in a class above on the weekend. His cleanliness with his hands really stood out and he had a huge nine tackles as a defender. He's in great form.”

Just has to play this weekend.

Reactions: 7 users
Would just about be leading the reserves B&F.
Yep agree.

I have seen him live a few times Spook and last week he went up another level. I have always seen the skill but he plonked himself in front packs last week.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Yep agree.

I have seen him live a few times Spook and last week he went up another level. I have always seen the skill but he plonked himself in front packs last week.

I've seen him on tv but not live, so just wondering, do you think he has midfield traits? Tackling and clean hands are great traits to have and Morris is praising him for that,, his speed and kicking skills would be very useful if we see him more as a midfielder long term.

Why do our VFL players always have good numbers in trackling?

Reactions: 1 user
His cleanliness with his hands really stood out and he had a huge nine tackles as a defender. He's in great form.”

The anti-Short...tackles a and cleanliness is something we haven't seen from Short all year. 9 tackles in 1 game for Kaleb, Short has only laid 19 in 16 games.

Reactions: 3 users
Kaleb Smith (22 disposals, five marks, nine tackles, seven rebound-50s)

“The work that Kaleb is putting in at the footy club each and every morning is certainly paying off. He looked like he was in a class above on the weekend. His cleanliness with his hands really stood out and he had a huge nine tackles as a defender. He's in great form.”

Just has to play this weekend.

Agree. Matthew Clarke was pretty excited about Kaleb. Needs to play senior football really soon so we can get a better idea & so he can get better.

Reactions: 5 users
I've seen him on tv but not live, so just wondering, do you think he has midfield traits? Tackling and clean hands are great traits to have and Morris is praising him for that,, his speed and kicking skills would be very useful if we see him more as a midfielder long term.
Long term yes but he needs to play the next 50 games down back. He is your Short version but tougher in the contest and with better foot skills.

Need some experienced players to be dropped to have all of Smith, Trezise, Brown playing in the backline. Smith has been good all year but feel Trezise has been given precedence at this stage.

I wonder if we are better to just keep Smith playing away in the 2's this year, keep improving his game, give him more midfield minutes and then maybe throw him in for the last game or 2, and then he can head back for VFL finals.

Indeed - The Princes of Prediction are in the zone.
Wait, a half decent game in the two's is a success now for the Dunces of Doom????

14 minutes of a AFL games???????

The Backslappers Society is in full swing lololololololololo.

• Haha
Need some experienced players to be dropped to have all of Smith, Trezise, Brown playing in the backline. Smith has been good all year but feel Trezise has been given precedence at this stage.
Don't neccessarily need to drop all of them. Just use a bit of imagination and play the likes of Rioli and Brown on a wing. Though i would't hesitate to drop Short atm.

Don't neccessarily need to drop all of them. Just use a bit of imagination and play the likes of Rioli and Brown on a wing. Though i would't hesitate to drop Short atm.
Short and Sonsie should both be out of the side because their output and form is shittthhouse.

MC is taking the *smile*.

After being the sub on debut, I'll :vomitup if he is the sub again for his second game.