Welcome to Richmond - Kaleb Smith | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond - Kaleb Smith

I haven’t seen anything to get too excited about. Pretty standard, nothing special. Most clubs roll out these types each time. What am I missing?
Just his 3rd/2nd game, only got 10 minutes in his first game. Kicked a 55 metre goal yesterday, 90% of the side wouldn't have the foot skills to do that.
The Filth's pressure was fairly high yesterday. Must play for the rest of the season.

Reactions: 12 users
I haven’t seen anything to get too excited about. Pretty standard, nothing special. Most clubs roll out these types each time. What am I missing?
When you are bottom of the ladder, finding players that "most clubs" have is a step in the right direction.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Got plenty to work with. Gets to the right spots and is a competitor.
Looks like a future AFL standard player.
Not a VFL player out of his depth

Reactions: 5 users
I like his run and carry, takes the game on, has speed, and kicks the ball well. That’s mostly taken from his VFL games. I didn’t watch the pies game but the week before he seemed a bit hesitant to take the game on. I guess that will change over time.

Reactions: 1 user
Im all for playing him as much as possible. Lots to like about him, even if atm he is a little out of his depth.

Five players id like to see how they go on a wing, Smiffy, D Rioli, Campbell, Brown and Trezise.

Why on earth is Yze playing him as a small forward?

Killing any chance of a final quarter revival, of course.

North losing to WCE was always going to result in some game day weirdness from Yze.

Maximizing our draft position is the clear priority now.

Reactions: 1 users
Smithy has played 4 games, 2 of them as sub. He has been good in the VFL, Is out of contract, hopefully he signs a new contract soon and gets a full game against the Suns.

Last edited:
He's tough. Workmanlike. Got 20 on the weekend. Effectively a first year player. His numbers are consistent at VFL level right now.

Reactions: 1 users
only watched bits of the Willy game , saw him take a really nice mark in the 2nd Qtr

and both he and Tresize looked composed behind the ball in the second which is a good sign

Willy's home ground is notoriously hard to play in the wind and its was very windy , and we were way behind on the scoreboard (pressure)

They looked cool headed and were trying to get us back into the game

they still have to bridge the gap between VFL & AFL , but hey tracking in the right direction and he'll head into the off season/ preseason with real purpose

Reactions: 3 users
Kaleb Smith just completed his first season for RFC. Consistently a 20 touch HBF at VFL level. Lately getting the odd 20+ touches. It's a pretty good foundation for 2025.