Welcome to Richmond - Kaleb Smith | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond - Kaleb Smith

What if I told everyone the club spoke to the parents during the week advising he would start as sub. They also have offered to fly them to Adelaide the following week for a starter Thursday. The fitness team were keen to ease him into AFL.

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users
What if I told everyone the club spoke to the parents during the week advising he would start as sub. They also have offered to fly them to Adelaide the following week for a starter Thursday. The fitness team were keen to ease him into AFL.
Given their recent record, why are we listening to the fitness team?

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
I’d say then the club has done right by the lad and family. Still should’ve played at least 1 qtr

Reactions: 1 users
At least he had a taste of the big time although, in my opinion, all too late in the game to show us what he has but hopefully he should be getting a starting slot next week with Pickett out injured.
They'll probably bring Banks back in and drop Smith

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
FFS, Yze was going for the win against our arch-enemy. He needed the win, the club needed the win. Would have been a real morale-boosting victory if we pulled it off. There was 3 points in it at 3/4 time.

Seems some on here prefer to prioritise the "feelings" of an individual or an individual's family over a possible victory. We can debate when the sub should have taken place, and with whom, but if Yze is coaching with the feelings of Kaleb and his family on his mind, rather than being laser-focused at defeating the headbanders, then he shouldn't be at the club.
He was coaching with the feelings for Mansell, Pickett, Dow or Short as he has been all year. If he couldn’t read we were dying by the 20 min mark of the second quarter and who the culprits letting us down were then he’s got a lot of learning to do. We were like a cork in the ocean by 3/4 X and bingo no goals scored in the last and totally overrun. Your point is an over reaction and way off the mark as we needed fresh legs whether it was a first gamer or a listed player. The sub needed to be activated and that’s why the win was never likely going to happen against our arch enemy as Yze missed his opportunity by being loyal to the players who have constantly let him down in his first season. One of those needed to be subbed off.

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users
Agree. What an honour to be selected to play for this great team and get a taste of what's to come. Club first, it's not about individuals.
Unfortunately the club came second because he wasn’t activated as we were dead by three quarter time.

3 kicks
2 clangers

moral outrage explosion

was as underwhelming a 10 minutes as samson ryan's full game debut and everyone has lost their *smile*

imagine a full game of 12 clangers - the screams may not have even been as loud

obviously, what you do in your first game, unless you are an all time great, is get a taste of AFL

anyway i guess this is what happens when you are 17th and have a terrible percentage

Reactions: 1 user
Unfortunately the club came second because he wasn’t activated as we were dead by three quarter time.
Hmm, I'd can suggest a number of primary reasons Tigers were dead by three quarter time. Not substituting a back-flanker in earlier isn't one of them.

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users
Hmm, I'd can suggest a number of primary reasons Tigers were dead by three quarter time. Not substituting a back-flanker in earlier isn't one of them.
We were gone and needed run. Then why make a HBF sub? I know your logic, but if you are dead and buried as you’re saying then at least put the kid on .

Maybe Yze knew an injury or 3 was coming so was just being patient.

Exactly. And this happened IIRC, Pickett subbed off, Lefau then got injured so we were down a player. Did it matter at the end of the day? Probably not but Yze was still trying to win a game.

Exactly. And this happened IIRC, Pickett subbed off, Lefau then got injured so we were down a player. Did it matter at the end of the day? Probably not but Yze was still trying to win a game.
it is also the lack of interchange- if we subbed say Dow, then lost the other 2, we play the last 15 minutes with just 2 players on the bench. Whats the chance someone else then hurts themselves cos they cant get a rest when they should.

Reactions: 2 users