Welcome to Richmond - Kaleb Smith | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond - Kaleb Smith

Dusty says hello
Reckon Dusty would have preferred to play in Adelaide and avoid the limelight. It wasn't about Dusty. It's for the supporters and rightly so. Even if it was about Dusty, I think the 300 game champ has sacrificed plenty for the team over the years. He was managed last year too, he's well into his 30s. Why is it an issue for Tom and you now?

Reactions: 1 users
What if I told everyone the club spoke to the parents during the week advising he would start as sub. They also have offered to fly them to Adelaide the following week for a starter Thursday. The fitness team were keen to ease him into AFL.
How about an angry Boy Scout with a pea shooter ?

1717577449648.gif

• Haha
How about an angry Boy Scout with a pea shooter ?

View attachment 22982
That's very funny! and a good response from snags

Like Talking Tigers said - it is the sub rule itself that creates the problem.

I get the argument why the clubs think the sub lends itself for debetaunt. However balancing that is that is playing as a sub is higher pressure not lower and there is also the human side which actually counts.

Reactions: 1 user
Musta been a crap debut from Kleb. Dropped from sub to emo,,,,,, um I mean emergency. Poor kid gets dropped much lower n they'll make him sub for the VFL side on Sat.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
A tough break for Smithy.
I hope he blitzes it against the Borough of Friday and comes in for Dusty's 300th.

Does the RFC MC realize we aren't wanting to win games anymore haven't they got the memo? :))

Dropped after his 10 min debut last week.

Again, it won't hurt him long term and not the biggest issue.

But poor by the club ILO.

Would have been better off for all concerned having someone else as sub last week.

Letting Smithy keep his momentum going in the VFL and bringing him up when he has more trust from the coaching staff.

Hopefully he smashes it in the VFL this week (surely he plays).

Reactions: 11 users

Would have been better off for all concerned having someone else as sub last week.

Letting Smithy keep his momentum going in the VFL and bringing him up when he has more trust from the coaching staff.

Id just like to see some of our juniors to get afforded the same treatment given to others.

Reactions: 2 users

Agree, it's a poor first experience. I'd love our club to come out and say, "we won't let our lads debut as subs, we'd rather take them out earlier in the game but remember their first game fondly." The families understand what to expect. The club showed zero faith in him last week and IMO disrespected the family.

The club POD with Richo and TG hinted at maybe flying his family over to Adelaide this week and I thought "brilliant, the club has addressed it and solved it" and then tonight he is dropped altogether. We got this one horribly wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Hmm, not particularly upset about only getting 10 minutes on the ground last week, debuting as a sub sucks but it does make sense given the step up to AFL level.

But I reckon they should have picked him for the game against Adelaide.

DS

Reactions: 3 users
Agree, it's a poor first experience. I'd love our club to come out and say, "we won't let our lads debut as subs, we'd rather take them out earlier in the game but remember their first game fondly." The families understand what to expect. The club showed zero faith in him last week and IMO disrespected the family.

The club POD with Richo and TG hinted at maybe flying his family over to Adelaide this week and I thought "brilliant, the club has addressed it and solved it" and then tonight he is dropped altogether. We got this one horribly wrong.
All these feel-good BS videos re kids being debuted this season are lip service and mean Jack shittt when they go and leave the lad on the bench all game, after his family fly from WA to F#$!@^$#@ Geelong. They did the same with Kane in Adelaide and Steely in Brisbane iirc. This has been somewhat of a fail for mine for the NEW RFC.

Reactions: 8 users

Totally agree. It's not as if we're competing for a finals spot. Just feels completely wrong the way it was handled.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users