Welcome Jacob Koschitzke | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Jacob Koschitzke

He's been very average all year for a bloke who's being picked ahead of kids
Which kid is he keeping out (that aren't injured)?
Bauer is the only one I could think of, but not sure they're competing for the same position. They seem different types.
I'm also guessing Bauer is being given a few extra weeks to get his body right given he's been injured a bit. If they had confidence in his body, I can't see why he's not being selected over Sampson.

Reactions: 3 users
Had a bad game but collectively over the last month he's been good. Need to perservere for now but we have a big hole in our list in that key forward area.

Reactions: 4 users
It's not his fault that we drafted him and had nothing else in the cupboard.
We are the Old Mother Hubbard of KPFs at the moment and her sister looks after the Melbourne cupboard.

The gap between his good to absolute shithouse is massive.
He was useless. He looked disinterested and lethargic

Jacob was recruited primarily as insurance, and also in the hope that with some nurturing and consistency he could prove a handy and cheap pickup.
With our tall stocks being decimated, he has been called up, and is delivering what he is capable of.
Like all our younger players, he is benefiting from a good run of consecutive games in the seniors.
The criticism of Jacob is likely stemming from frustration that somehow he hasn’t magically turned into a superstar simply by donning a Tigers jumper.
That’s people’s unrealistic expectations, not Jacob’s underperformance.
He’s playing to his capabilities and has had some good games.

If frustration is warranted, it should be more appropriately directed to Blair Hartley.

Reactions: 7 users
Thought he look okay in the backline a few weeks ago.
Don’t understand why he can’t play back and Balta up forward

Reactions: 1 user
Thought he look okay in the backline a few weeks ago.
Don’t understand why he can’t play back and Balta up forward
He played in the backline at VFL level until he was promoted as a forward. Playing out of position, one of several that has been the case for this year.

Kosi is better as second tall forward
We’d be better off playing Balta Kosi forward Blight back

Reactions: 3 users
Thought Kosi looked better behind the ball. Also think both Kosi and Balta aren’t the kinds of players who do well being shifted around. Unfortunately this is the position we find ourselves in.

Kosi is better as second tall forward
We’d be better off playing Balta Kosi forward Blight back
And that’d mean Miller and Blight in the last line - barely 25 games (or near enough) between them
No thanks
Balta would end with his hands on hips and hardly getting into a jog up forward
Leave him at full back

And that’d mean Miller and Blight in the last line - barely 25 games (or near enough) between them
No thanks
Balta would end with his hands on hips and hardly getting into a jog up forward
Leave him at full back
Will never make a real forward as long as his a… points to the ground.
Used to spoiling & as a result drops too many marks.
Useful as a forward at best.

He may not the Tom Lynch we crave , however Kozi appears to be getting better as the season goes , he’ll never be a star , however I think he’s improving as a crash and bash big forward who pinch hits in the ruck , for 2025 he should be locked in as forward and Balta as a back .

Reactions: 4 users