Welcome Jacob Koschitzke | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Jacob Koschitzke

One thing I like about Kozi is that he makes everyone in the pack feel his there , uses his bulk very well with how hard he hits packs

Reactions: 4 users
He seems like a good honest kid who has a nice touch of aggro about him. Not bad for pick 48.

Reactions: 3 users
Hopefully he can reduce the need for Lynch to be so physical next and will extend his career

He may not the Tom Lynch we crave , however Kozi appears to be getting better as the season goes , he’ll never be a star , however I think he’s improving as a crash and bash big forward who pinch hits in the ruck , for 2025 he should be locked in as forward and Balta as a back .
Yes, if Tom gets back FINALLY! And if we happen to find another promising young KPF in this draft (great but will probably need 2 years development minimum) to get a game or two, and on whether ... Fawcett comes on tap early.

Reactions: 1 user
One thing I like about Kozi is that he makes everyone in the pack feel his there , uses his bulk very well with how hard he hits packs
More than half the battle of a key forward is having a physical presence. He is doing that.

Has come on in leaps and bounds, an honest key forward. Can he be our Brody Mihocek?

Amazing the amount of time some want to give certain talls to developed but don't except the same logic to talls that are showing much more and are basically the same age.

Reactions: 4 users
More than half the battle of a key forward is having a physical presence. He is doing that.

Has come on in leaps and bounds, an honest key forward. Can he be our Brody Mihocek?

Amazing the amount of time some want to give certain talls to developed but don't except the same logic to talls that are showing much more and are basically the same age.
Definitely made a good leap this year. Should be proud of the way he has developed.

I still get this feeling that he would be even better as CHB without the pressure of clunking marks to kick goals. But we have no one else up forward, so I understand.

Reactions: 1 users
Turning up down the line and making contests and holding marks is a big part of the improvement. The odd goal is good too.

Reactions: 1 user
He is exactly what he was at Hawthorn. No one else atm but not the long term answer imo.
24yo 60 odd games. He is currently giving us a contest its about all i expect from him.
At Hawthorn Already Dear and weddell have gone past him as has Chol.

With Lynch turning 32 and Kossie as the other key forward we have so much work to do in this area.I realy hope and pray that we are looking at some quality tall forwards the next two or three seasons.

Imo we dont have our quality long term kpf's on our list yet, not if their draft positions come into it. How many late picks do you expect to have success with?
Like a lot of areas of our list the question is, do we have the quality kpf's coming thru despite having adequate numbers?.

He is exactly what he was at Hawthorn. No one else atm but not the long term answer imo.
24yo 60 odd games. He is currently giving us a contest its about all i expect from him.

With Lynch turning 32 and Kossie as the other key forward we have so much work to do in this area.I realy hope and pray that we are looking at some quality tall forwards the next two or three seasons.

Imo we dont have our quality long term kpf's on our list yet, not if their draft positions come into it. How many late picks do you expect to have success with?
Like a lot of areas of our list the question is, do we have the quality kpf's coming thru despite having adequate numbers?.
I disagree with your assess of Kosi with the hawthorn players. If we had Lynch, Myketi/Balta playing along Kosi, it would be a very different story. in fact, he would be dominating. No secret when your forward is fully available, those players will play to their upmost ability. I can't wait for next season.

Reactions: 2 users

Chol hasn't gone past anyone. If the Dorks were still sh!t, he'd be worse than he is now. Just a front runner.....as he was with us.

Reactions: 2 users
I disagree with your assess of Kosi with the hawthorn players. If we had Lynch, Myketi/Balta playing along Kosi, it would be a very different story. in fact, he would be dominating. No secret when your forward is fully available, those players will play to their upmost ability. I can't wait for next season.
There,s another one Lefau Fairly new to the game and gave us more until injury.

Replacing Kossie is a must based on his career. He is depth and no more than a starting point because of a lack of quality talls.
Why do people think he ended up with us. Yep he was struggling to get a kick and a game at the Hawks.

We will spend another 37 years in the wilderness if we keep embracing the Kossies of this world as good enough. So far he has rarely been good enough.

Chol lol people bagging him and in the same breath talking up Kossie. As bad as Chol is he certainly is not my favorite type, but he has well and truly out performed Koschitzke even if he is a front runner.Tiger supporters must have a mortgage on the blinkers trade.

There,s another one Lefau Fairly new to the game and gave us more until injury.

Replacing Kossie is a must based on his career. He is depth and no more than a starting point because of a lack of quality talls.
Why do people think he ended up with us. Yep he was struggling to get a kick and a game at the Hawks.

We will spend another 37 years in the wilderness if we keep embracing the Kossies of this world as good enough. So far he has rarely been good enough.

Chol lol people bagging him and in the same breath talking up Kossie. As bad as Chol is he certainly is not my favorite type, but he has well and truly out performed Koschitzke even if he is a front runner.Tiger supporters must have a mortgage on the blinkers trade.
Well carry him as depth for another year or so then trade him to Tassie :))

Well carry him as depth for another year or so then trade him to Tassie :))
I think Tasmanians have a fair idea of what a good key forward looks like.

Riewoldt, Hart, Richardson, Roach to start with just from our club. Add in a couple of mugs like Hudson and Lynch.
Nope i don't think id like to hear their answer if we offered up the likes of Kossie. 😲

Again we don’t have many options. It will be the same next year. If Lynch plays on we’ll be doing well to get more than half a season out of him.