Welcome Jacob Blight | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Jacob Blight

What? He's been one of our best players lately
Yes hence the need for a badly needed rest. Two games to go and we have won just two games play as many kids as possible.

Hmm this back half would do me this week
FB :Vlastuin - Miller - Trezise for Broad.
HB: Banks - Balta - Smith for Short who badly needed a rest months ago lol.

C: Rioli - McAuliffe - HRS/Campbell
R: Nankervis - Taranto - Bolton

I quite like the look of it.

Would rather try Blight forward than continue with Delilah
He has actually played as a forward. Sometimes i think supporters are going out of their way to look for reasons not to give blokes a go rather than actually looking at who they replace and what they can bring to the table. Actually finding good reasons to give them ago.
We desperately need someone who can take a mark in the fwd half or even take a few down the line coming out of defense.

What is the goal atm. Is it to lose with the same old same olds. Or is it find a way to get some games into a younger player even if its not where he has been playing.
That seems to be pretty normal anyway how many have complained about us playing kids out of position when they have performed well in the magoos in a different role.

Playing blight forward who has performed well in defense would just continue that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
He has actually played as a forward.
When was this? Never kicked a goal in 66 games in the WAFL. Kicked 2 goals in 2019 playing for the Colts I guess as a 16yo (played 20 games for Colts in 19/20).

Westcoke might need a key defender soon.. would we/should we get an early 2nd round pick for Blight now? Just an idea..
I believe mid-season draftees are in effect unrestricted free agents so no chance getting a pick for him from another club.

Reactions: 1 users
We showcase his abilities and just let him walk to West Coke
At the very least we should offer him a 1 or 2 year deal

Blight gave me Steven May vibes today
Yep!
Ive said this for a month too.
Limit his weakness, speed, and maximise his strength, aerial dominance.
Play him as the full back key and structure the defence around him, just like May

Probably doesn’t mean we have
Anyone know if we have?
You're right.
Because supporters on a fan forum havent heard that an organisation has offered an employment contract to a young man means it probably hasnt happened.
And we should be worried.

I mean the club hardly ever offers contracts. When was the last time the club did? May? June? Yeah June 2013 I reckon was the last time.
Sheryl in HR / payroll is probably trying to find an old contract form she can reuse.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Kids playing game 3 as a key back in a *smile* side with no midfield that is getting avalanched with fast footy.

He aint the problem,.

He ;s got a bit to work with in fact he and Balta would work off each other well same way Rance and Dave did,.

Miller for his size lacks physical presence in the air and on the ground, Miller also like a few others in the side doesn't go AT the footy.

Reactions: 6 users