Welcome Jacob Blight | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Jacob Blight

Problem now is now Balta is locked in down back, I don’t think it’s fair to flick him forward for two weeks.

So how do you fit Miller, Balta and Blight down back?
Miller is quick and agile. Can he play Broads role? Third man up.

Reactions: 2 users
dont know about any interest from WCE but he didnt back himself in for an 18 month contract.

Great hands for sure but too slow hand to foot at AFL level & even slower across the turf
in the chat with Yze to tell him of his debut , he seems very sure of him self and very driven
If we were able to ask him why would be interesting , could it be he wanted to be more appealing to clubs to take on ?

Slow by hand and foot , yes , certainly , back half turn overs are so costly , we here collectively torched Rance for them and wanted him delisted
more recently we've torched Taylar Young for them and numerous others , I'd like to think he's being cautious , but time will tell

Dave Astbury was pretty conservative in his choices and it helped him become our rock down back , I'm crossing my fingers furiously that Blight will fill a similar role and to a similar standard , but yes that speed or lack of could be his Achillies

Reactions: 3 users
No one can play Broads role
Can’t see Miller as a good intercept mark
Everybody seems to assume that Gibcus will come back as a key back.
I think he is better suited as the third tall - Grimes or Broad role.
I think it is better to use Gibcus as the third tall with Balta at FB and Young as CHB.
Gibcus is really too light to be CHB and would be great as that quicker, agile intercepting third.

Blight can be backup to Young who is a clone of Astbury at CHB.
Miller can be the backup to Balta at FB.
Broad would be the floating fill in across the backline where he has been for many years, depending on who is available.

This also presumes that Brown would not really have a role in the backline but could be used either up forward or as a Gibcus replacement.
Banks would be the replacement for Rioli and Green should be the Short replacement allowing him to go midfield.

"Fast tracking his understanding of our game plan" F*** me, he takes marks for fun, **** the game plan.

Jacob Blight (32 disposals, 16 intercept possessions, 75% disposal efficiency, 13 marks, 11 intercept marks, 13 rebound-50s)

“Jacob Blight was outstanding on the day with 16 intercept possessions. When he was in contest, he absolutely dominated the game. A couple of things that we are working on include trying to fast-track his understanding of our game plan, but really pleased with the progress he's making.”

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
"Fast tracking his understanding of our game plan" F*** me, he takes marks for fun, **** the game plan.

Jacob Blight (32 disposals, 16 intercept possessions, 75% disposal efficiency, 13 marks, 11 intercept marks, 13 rebound-50s)

“Jacob Blight was outstanding on the day with 16 intercept possessions. When he was in contest, he absolutely dominated the game. A couple of things that we are working on include trying to fast-track his understanding of our game plan, but really pleased with the progress he's making.”

He's marking the ball too much, and hitting targets.

Needs to be fast tracked to go up with one hand, panic more, and kick long down the line.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
We are expecting far to much from Blight right now. He has a lot of potential but he is still new to the big stage and needs time to develop under some good coaching. I know that could be difficult at Richmond right now but he has the basics and the fire to succeed so we should wait until after the next preseason to see how he develops. The problem is everyone want a direct replacement to Astbury but that is not going to happen in the short term but right now the lad is tracking well

Reactions: 1 user