Welcome Jacob Blight | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Jacob Blight

Then simply continue the Balta experiment as a forward and Get a few needed afl games into Blight in defense. Again i ask what is there to lose.
I see nothing but positives in getting games into kids like Blight well hardly a kid at age 22 and coming out of a state league.
I would argue this kid has earnt his spot back into the team. No gifting of games here.
Surely where we are at this is what its all about for the remainder of the year.

In all honesty Blight or Ryan as a tall forward this week sheesh i know which one id be going with. After Millers last three or four games you could make a case to drop him as well.
Balta is a backman. Started showing glimpses again on the weekend after being thrown around all year and losing all confidence. For me it's Blight or Miller. We can try giving Miller a rest. Or just let Blight continue for 2 more games as is and get a good pre-season into him. Can do some pre-season forward work to get a feel and learn the patterns and see whether it's going to be a realistic option. It really doesn't matter now but let's not set up players for failure with lack of proper development before throwing them into unfamiliar positions.

Problem now is now Balta is locked in down back, I don’t think it’s fair to flick him forward for two weeks.

So how do you fit Miller, Balta and Blight down back?
You think outside the Square and try Blight forward just like we should have probably played Rioli on a wing months ago should i go on.

It is more important to have a look at Blight regardless of role. Bloody hell we have won two games all year it is our worst season on record and we don't need to try things !!!!!

I really dont care where we play Balta. It just does not matter with two games to go.
What matters is rewarding Blight with some senior games to see the year out in what ever role it is.
Play him forward or back but the smart thing to do is just get some more games into him.

Reactions: 1 user
Blight’s gone. He’ll be in the package with Graham. West Cosst will make sure Grahams contract gets us an end of first round pick in return

Blight’s gone. He’ll be in the package with Graham. West Cosst will make sure Grahams contract gets us an end of first round pick in return
Is this a guess or do you have some good intel?

I don’t understand what the point of picking him up was, especially as he has demonstrated some ability and then for us to just let him walk out the door?

Is this a guess or do you have some good intel?

I don’t understand what the point of picking him up was, especially as he has demonstrated some ability and then for us to just let him walk out the door?
Apparently his missus plays for West Coast also. Seems logical since they are losing Barrass and now have a big need for a plug and play

I would play Balta, Gibcus and Blight as our key backs. Not a bad trio to build around.

Reactions: 2 users
Is a gun netballer too.
Yep pretty easy decision for him really if WCE have offered him a few years. Might explain why he wasn’t picked, and rightfully so. We owe him nothing. Might have to this week though

There is no way we get end of first for Graham. Pick in the late 30's 40's is realistic

Must keep in my opinion.Lovely hands and surely benefits with a full preseason under his belt.

Reactions: 3 users
I find it hard to believe after six months he packs his bags and goes to West Coast

Reactions: 5 users
I find it hard to believe after six months he packs his bags and goes to West Coast
dont know about any interest from WCE but he didnt back himself in for an 18 month contract.

Great hands for sure but too slow hand to foot at AFL level & even slower across the turf

Reactions: 3 users
dont know about any interest from WCE but he didnt back himself in for an 18 month contract.

Great hands for sure but too slow hand to foot at AFL level & even slower across the turf
Very interesting opinion Taz, and against the grain here. Lots of people look at the extremes both in a good and bad way.
Nuance is always appreciated.
Be interesting to see if we used him for insurance or for a potential development opportunity.

IMO :unsure: how do we say it in this woke world
I give up He needs to lose about 10kgs