Welcome Jacob Blight | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Jacob Blight

VFL may not even make finals now do play him as he needs games in him . he's a promising prospect with his composure, vision and following the play and vice grip hands. Kicking has also improved vastly.

Reactions: 1 user
I’m sure we’d be talking to his management about an extension. Only questions would be how long and for how much.

If this guy doesn't get a contract I'm sure there will be a few members cards being microwaved.

Don’t forget wc will be in his ear. He could already be out the door and the club may have put a line through him.

With an AFL preseason and losing a few kgs I think Blight’s lack of pace will be less of an issue.

Can’t believe Yze is not playing this bloke. What is it that he that he doesn’t see? Is he blind?

Reactions: 5 users
If we’re not picking him as we’ve got so many talks in the backline
Play him forward out of the goal square Kosi CHF

Reactions: 1 users
If we’re not picking him as we’ve got so many talks in the backline
Play him forward out of the goal square Kosi CHF
Miller is getting beaten by a bloke that hasn't touched the ball in 6 weeks.
Miller is a disaster in the back line.
He is making Membrey look like Josh Caddy

Why is this guy not getting a game?
It is pretty easy to see why he wasn't getting a game, he is a key back and we played Balta and Miller as key backs and we have been playing 2 key backs. Whether he should have come in instead of one of them is a different question.
I see no point in playing him as a forward if we believe his future is as a back.
That being said after yesterday's game I would definitely be in favour of him playing next week instead of Miller. Miller has been good at times this season but in the last 6-7 weeks he has tailed off, I especially don't like the way he is not bodying his opponent in the marking contest.
Blight should come in purely on form now.

Reactions: 8 users
It is pretty easy to see why he wasn't getting a game, he is a key back and we played Balta and Miller as key backs and we have been playing 2 key backs. Whether he should have come in instead of one of them is a different question.
I see no point in playing him as a forward if we believe his future is as a back.
That being said after yesterday's game I would definitely be in favour of him playing next week instead of Miller. Miller has been good at times this season but in the last 6-7 weeks he has tailed off, I especially don't like the way he is not bodying his opponent in the marking contest.
Blight should come in purely on form now.
Miller's probably buggered, he's only ever played 10-12 games a year, playing 20 this year is way more than he's used to.
That said, he's been good for a large part of the year, and the improvement with confidence has been good.
I'd probably spell him for the last couple, and give Blight anther look, as long as it didn't stuff up his VFL finals qualification.

Reactions: 10 users