Welcome Jacob Blight | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Jacob Blight

Agreed but they are trying stuff without actually knowing if it will help them win. Balta and Kosi would have been a much stronger pairing but they wanted to see if Ryan and Kosi could work.

I would give it a 5/10 on the day
So you gave 5 for Kossies game and zero for Ryan's. Sounds about right. Might have given Kossie a 6 even, for the contests he provided.

Would really like them to just bite the bullet and play Balta forward for the rest of the year or until Lynch gets back if ever.

Play a third very mobile tall forward like Bauer who takes a vey good grab with Balta and Kossie.
We need to have a good look at this kid as well. He looks more likely than Ryan.

As an afl player so far Ryan is a total bust. People really should be questioning the wisdom of giving him a three year contract rather than blindly defending that decision.
It was Based on what.

Ryan is so clearly not at the level atm it is best we develop him as the #1 ruckman in the vfl.
You really have to ask , Does he have the attributes to play key forward at the highest level.

His last 8 games have been awful and that is being kind.

Take a longer look and maybe worst case scenario. Lynch goes or stays injury prone. Then what. Tom is 32 this year.
Balta at least long term is replaceable down back with one of the most promising key defenders we have had in years in Gibcus.
Developing him forward makes sense. It may not be whats best for Noah but it will be whats best for the club.

Reactions: 1 users
This kid might not be fast or agile but he does something many of our list struggle can't do.
Mark a sherrin

Reactions: 4 users
If Blight has played as a forward in the WAFL I'd give him a go as a forward. Balta is better back and Ryan needs to learn to either get separation or free his arms when held.

DS

Reactions: 3 users
Season is well and truly *smile* and Ouzo needs to find out exactly what a whole bunch of younger playerscan or can't do and more importantly what they need to learn to do better. Only place to do that is under the heat of AFL footy, not magoos. Simply must keep banging games into them this year and making them work as hard as possible every week. Wins or losses are pretty bloody irrelevant right now.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Given the feedback he was getting on Sunday I think there's a bit of gameplan and where he fits in that Blight needs to learn and adhere to. He's had a taste, maybe he gets another run but the feedback he got from Morro on Sunday was enlightening.

Given the feedback he was getting on Sunday I think there's a bit of gameplan and where he fits in that Blight needs to learn and adhere to. He's had a taste, maybe he gets another run but the feedback he got from Morro on Sunday was enlightening.
Enlighten your PRE brethren if you will...

There were a couple of positioning mistakes made early in the second quarter. If you watched the game you will have seen GC get a couple of easy out the back goals. A couple of players were brought to the bench and reminded of their team roles and where they should position themselves. Jacob was one of them and was informed to stay deeper. That allowed Taz to roam further up as the intercept defender.

There are those that say the coaches are too soft. This was not one of those occasions.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
you have to have 6 games in the vfl to qualify playing for finals jacob has 5
his 6th will be this week against collingwood
then he will be back in the seniors im guessing

Reactions: 3 users
you have to have 6 games in the vfl to qualify playing for finals jacob has 5
his 6th will be this week against collingwood
then he will be back in the seniors im guessing
Only way I can see him back in the side is if Balta plays forward. Or replaces Miller. Time will tell.

Last edited:
There are those that say the coaches are too soft. This was not one of those occasions.
Maybe its the AFL coaches that are too soft ........................................................:))

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Rumoured is being chased by Eagles to replace Barrass. Lure home and longer contract

Rumoured is being chased by Eagles to replace Barrass. Lure home and longer contract
It was interesting that he mentioned on that WA podcast that he nominated 6 months when he had a choice for 18 months. Hope he stays. He is a better footballer than Young.

I spoke to him at the Pies game & he said was in talks with the club re a 1 year deal for next year.

But as you mentioned longer contract & to play back at home obviously more appealing if true.

It was interesting that he mentioned on that WA podcast that he nominated 6 months when he had a choice for 18 months. Hope he stays. He is a better footballer than Young.
This is what worries me on having too many SA and WA players on the list.

Yeah he's an interesting one.

Not sure he's a lock to get another deal. If Yze can finally decide which end Balta needs to play - and if it's defence (which looks likely).

Then we already have a number of key backs in his age group (as of start of next year):

Gibcus - 22
Balta - 25
Miller - 25
Young - 26
Blight - 23

Plus Koschitzke and Bauer who think both are better suited back. Agree with Spooks suggestion that the former could make a very good player behind the ball. It mitigates his lack of leg speed and he has most of the other attributes.

If doing the right thing was put to one side, would keep Blight ahead of Young. But he's contracted and coming off a knee8 so it's too brutal to cut him.

If list spots get tight as we add (hopefully) a plethora of young talent - For the shape of the list, Blight still might miss out.