Welcome Jacob Blight | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Jacob Blight

Yeah he's an interesting one.

Not sure he's a lock to get another deal. If Yze can finally decide which end Balta needs to play - and if it's defence (which looks likely).

Then we already have a number of key backs in his age group (as of start of next year):

Gibcus - 22
Balta - 25
Miller - 25
Young - 26
Blight - 23

Plus Koschitzke and Bauer who think both are better suited back. Agree with Spooks suggestion that the former could make a very good player behind the ball. It mitigates his lack of leg speed and he has most of the other attributes.

If doing the right thing was put to one side, would keep Blight ahead of Young. But he's contracted and coming off a knee8 so it's too brutal to cut him.

If list spots get tight as we add (hopefully) a plethora of young talent - For the shape of the list, given he can't crack our team ATM, Blight still might miss out.

Reactions: 1 user
I think we have more now than through that period.
If we're winning, they'll want to stay and be a part. If you're gonna lose, might as well lose at home.

We need some hope.

I was just thinking what would be stopping Dildo to come for Gray. Didn't see this one coming.

They're not free agents though are they? I don't think I understand the rules with these guys.

All I could find was this:

Rookie Player not Bound to Club
A Rookie Player shall not be bound to a Club if he is listed on a Club’s Rookie List but
the parties do not enter into a Contract of Service. In such circumstances:
(a) the Player may play for a club competing in any competition other than the AFL
Competition; and
(b) the Player is eligible to be selected by any Club at the next National Draft
Selection Meeting if he nominates himself for the National Draft Selection
Meeting

So reading this, they play for us or they go back into the national draft. Have I misunderstood?

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah he's an interesting one.

Not sure he's a lock to get another deal. If Yze can finally decide which end Balta needs to play - and if it's defence (which looks likely).

Then we already have a number of key backs in his age group (as of start of next year):

Gibcus - 22
Balta - 25
Miller - 25
Young - 26
Blight - 23

Plus Koschitzke and Bauer who think both are better suited back. Agree with Spooks suggestion that the former could make a very good player behind the ball. It mitigates his lack of leg speed and he has most of the other attributes.

If doing the right thing was put to one side, would keep Blight ahead of Young. But he's contracted and coming off a knee8 so it's too brutal to cut him.

If list spots get tight as we add (hopefully) a plethora of young talent - For the shape of the list, Blight still might miss out.
If this plays out that way, it's the stupidest draft pick and playing experience I've ever seen. Showed a bit at AFL level. Already a cut above above VFL.

All the points listed above were known at the midseason draft. Can't see it playing out that way. Blight has shown more than Bauer in three months.

Reactions: 8 users
Has played well in the VFL, did well on debut against Harry McKay, not so good against Treacy in his 2nd game. He was then dropped, has been treated harshly.

Reactions: 4 users
If this plays out that way, it's the stupidest draft pick and playing experience I've ever seen. Showed a bit at AFL level. Already a cut above above VFL.

All the points listed above were known at the midseason draft. Can't see it playing out that way. Blight has shown more than Bauer in three months.
Bauer has been very unlucky with injuries. Harsh to compare the fortunes of the two players.
Let’s not forget last year Bauer won 3 games after the siren off his own boot.
I like them both but they’re mid season draft picks and have to roll with the punches

If we don't pick him in the ones for the last few games can only assume he's gone.

• Dislike
The midget game plan isn't working, we were the shortest team selected last weekend out of all the teams. Why wouldn't they try Blight forward, they refuse to play Bauer there.

If we don't pick him in the ones for the last few games can only assume he's gone.
What a F up. Someone has to wear it, is it Toce, is it Yze? Can't see a player being picked in the PSD without a plan.

If this plays out that way, another sign the club is not aligned on strategy.

If we lose or let Blight go it'd be a worry.

1. Young and Gibcus are coming back from ACL's. No guarantee they'll get through a full year in the seniors.
2. Our existing KPD's aren't exactly consistent. Young, Miller etc seem to go in and out of form.
3. Blight can also play forward which gives us an option in a part of the ground where we 'aint exactly flush with keys !

Reactions: 5 users
If we lose or let Blight go it'd be a worry.

1. Young and Gibcus are coming back from ACL's. No guarantee they'll get through a full year in the seniors.
2. Our existing KPD's aren't exactly consistent. Young, Miller etc seem to go in and out of form.
3. Blight can also play forward which gives us an option in a part of the ground where we 'aint exactly flush with keys !

Spot on, If he goes, it's a huge sign that something is off at RFC. It's getting stinky.

Reactions: 4 users
That's my thoughts.
West Coast might be keen on him
West coast had a chance to get him and chose Jack Hutchinson instead. Not sure what’s changed so much they’d want him now.

Spot on, If he goes, it's a huge sign that something is off at RFC. It's getting stinky.
How can something be off? Maybe he just wants to be near home/family/friends and doesn't like this cold city as most WA players say.