Welcome Jacob Blight | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Jacob Blight

Yep. We're reshuffling the side to make way for Ryan? Has he dominated a VFL game this year yet?
He's had some pretty solid games at VFL level this year (7 games in total) mainly in the ruck but did kick 4 and 3 goals in 2 games as well. Could have maybe played him a game or 2 in VFL but in light of our immense lack of key forward choices at the moment he has to play AFL this year. We can't afford to waste the development time of our younger players. We've wasted the last 2 years already.

Don’t like it. Essentially a swap for Ryan.

You more than anyone knows how invested Leysy is with Samson.

But disappointed Yze has tipped out Blight to play Balta back (which brings Ryan in).

Yes it probably improves our performance today, but we need to find out about Blight.

He got taken to the cleaners against a better and younger opponent last week, but has been good outside that.

We need to use this time to know what he's got and whether he should get another contract and stay on the list next year.

Samson is also coming off no footy for a few weeks now so a VFL run to get touch and confidence wouldn't hurt.

Reactions: 5 users
You more than anyone knows how invested Leysy is with Samson.

But disappointed Yze has tipped out Blight to play Balta back (which brings Ryan in).

Yes it probably improves our performance today, but we need to find out about Blight.

He got taken to the cleaners against a better and younger opponent last week, but has been good outside that.

We need to use this time to know what he's got and whether he should get another contract and stay on the list next year.

Samson is also coming off no footy for a few weeks now so a VFL run to get touch and confidence wouldn't hurt.
Nailed it. Reckon it’s unfair to Samson as well. Bad all round. First sign of desperation by Yze.

Reactions: 1 user
I think getting games into Ryan at this point in time is more critical than games into Blight. Blight will have another turn in the first, I'm sure of it.
Our two main problem areas this year, regardless of injury is forward line and centre. Need to come up with solutions this year, to attack in future years.

Playing alright again in the VFL today in less than ideal conditions. Almost like he has a point to prove…

Arhh very interesting, we have 4 more vfl games plus a bye so it looks like he.was put down to qualify for vfl finals,it makes sence as he was playing well.
What's better for his development and our assessment of his capabilities, four more games and possible finals at VFL level or 7 more games at AFL level?

Don't get it. Balta is a 100% better forward than Ryan. How does playing him help our forward half.
He has played some decent footy in the vfl but it has rarely translated into good afl games he has failed everytime to take that step.

This year Less than 6 disposals a game. 0.5 goals a game. 2 tackles at 0.5 in four games. Does absolutely nothing when the ball hits the ground.
Has taken just 9 marks in his four games just one contested. can go on and on the stats in this case do not lie.

He played 14 games last year showed a few signs in a couple that is about it. He has actually gone backwards when playing at afl level.
That is hardly possible.

Yet here we are trying to improve the forward line and we bring him back having not played for weeks .

I would argue Blight has shown more than Ryan in two AFL games than what Ryan has shown his whole time with us.

Maybe its Ryan they look at to see if he is worth keeping.

Arhh very interesting, we have 4 more vfl games plus a bye so it looks like he.was put down to qualify for vfl finals,it makes sence as he was playing well.
I'm sure if Samson was still out with injury and Balta named back he wouldn't have been dropped. AFL comes first.

Maybe its Ryan they look at to see if he is worth keeping.
Ryan has just been given a 3 year extended contract. We've decide to keep him. Thus we are playing him. Blight is not contracted beyond this year but I suspect based on his good VFL form and promising AFL debut he will get another year at least.

Reactions: 3 users
I'm sure if Samson was still out with injury and Balta named back he wouldn't have been dropped. AFL comes first.
Yeah, we saw in Rd 24 last year how serious we take VFL finals, effectively throwing our VFL game.