Welcome Jacob Blight | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Jacob Blight

A fair bit of knicker twisting going on in this thread.

My beliefs are...
Blight is in the VFL so he can qualify with the team for finals while learning structures etc
Then we will keep on both he and Gray after the end of the year.

Simples!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
A fair bit of knicker twisting going on in this thread.

My beliefs are...
Blight is in the VFL so he can qualify with the team for finals while learning structures etc
The we will keep on to both he and Gray after the end of the year.

Simples!
Yep. The last two pages is like reading AFL click bait. No substance to any of it.

Reactions: 6 users
Yeah he's an interesting one.

Not sure he's a lock to get another deal. If Yze can finally decide which end Balta needs to play - and if it's defence (which looks likely).

Then we already have a number of key backs in his age group (as of start of next year):

Gibcus - 22
Balta - 25
Miller - 25
Young - 26
Blight - 23

Plus Koschitzke and Bauer who think both are better suited back. Agree with Spooks suggestion that the former could make a very good player behind the ball. It mitigates his lack of leg speed and he has most of the other attributes.

If doing the right thing was put to one side, would keep Blight ahead of Young. But he's contracted and coming off a knee8 so it's too brutal to cut him.

If list spots get tight as we add (hopefully) a plethora of young talent - For the shape of the list, Blight still might miss out.
Nothing has changed since we drafted him and given the way he has played and handled himself he would not be delisted. Why did we draft him only to delist him 6months later when he has clearly met expectations. May as well of drafted someone else. Teakle maybe. What u saying doesn’t make sense.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Nothing has changed since we drafted him and given the way he has played and handled himself he would not be delisted. Why did we draft him only to delist him 6months later when he has clearly met expectations. May as well of drafted someone else. Teakle maybe. What u saying doesn’t make sense.

He likely will get a contract. But he's nearly 23 and not getting a game in a team on the bottom of the ladder with Gibcus and Young to (hopefully) also become available for his role.

Just don't think he's a lock.

He likely will get a contract. But he's nearly 23 and not getting a game in a team on the bottom of the ladder with Gibcus and Young to (hopefully) also become available for his role.

Just don't think he's a lock.
The thing in his favour is the long term injuries to Young and Gibcus.

I think he is a lock to get a contract for next year.

Reactions: 4 users
I actually think he is one of the better overhead marks we have. Simply better in this than players getting games and some who are not or are injured.

Totally bemused that we have not seen fit to shuffle things around just to get some games into him.

Reactions: 2 users
We should bring in blight and get miller down forward
Na play him at f/f he could not be worse than Samson bloody Ryan of the cybmol hand. He certainly is not as slow either.

Just once id like to see the structure of two big kpp's and a quicker nice moving third like Bauer.
Play with some decent structure for once.

Reactions: 3 users
If we can keep ol mate Mate' Colina on the list for 4 years without him getting out of a stride, I'm pretty certain a couple of decent old fashioned footballers (with scope to improve) like Blight & Gray will be at least given another 12 months

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
What a F up. Someone has to wear it, is it Toce, is it Yze? Can't see a player being picked in the PSD without a plan.

If this plays out that way, another sign the club is not aligned on strategy.
Toce doesn’t select the side , I can’t see for life of me that a side that gets a surplus of i50s but loses , consistently doesgt change the mix with new marking options ,,, ea week we take way less marks i50 than our opponent too right this is a *smile* up should blight choose to leave , tbh I’d doubt he does

It still reeks of picking the best available and not needs.
Which sounds great but is highly subjective.
With Balta and Miller playing well, it didnt seem a desperate need.
And he's aint quick. His best spot we have Balta, who is elite in that role.

At the time I was plumping for Scaife.
Has kicked 12 goals for hawks vfl.
That was a need and a comparable level of talent.

Picking Scaife and Gray would have given options imo.

Anyway I expect we keep Blight and I hope he becomes a May type full back.

td I reckon the Tigers will likely take another Key forward in the draft most likely a highly rated one.

Reactions: 3 users
Honestly his had taste of it let him work on his weaknesses nothing new here.

Reports that tigers have interest in Hobbs,hopefully not as prefer to draft another player especially with what they want 4 Hobbs.

• Angry
  • Dislike
Reactions: 4 users
Reports that tigers have interest in Hobbs,hopefully not as prefer to draft another player especially with what they want 4 Hobbs.
Hope not, we have TT, JH, JR and hopefully soon an influx of young mids, don’t need a M.O.R mid from Essendon.

Reactions: 5 users