Welcome Jacob Blight | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Jacob Blight

Worry for me re Samson is are we bringing back another player to soon from injury ? Bit of a common occurrence this season.

I’d like to think Yze realises that we have an elite key defender , so we play him in there , unlike others believe I do not think we have a wealth of key defenders , we have just a couple with potential of been B graders not ones that could build a Premiership backline around .

If the MC believe Kozi and Ryan are our future forwards, well take the last 7 games to gel them , back them in and play them , get Lynch fit for next season , Gray is the wild card, Bauer a possibility, Lefau and this years draft picks 2026 and on .

Reactions: 1 users
Was an overwhelming success dropping this guy playing Balta in defense and Ryan forward.

Failed on all three counts.

Reactions: 8 users
Unbelievable that they drop him and bring in Samson who touched the sherrin 6 times
1 mark:cry:

Reactions: 1 user
Blight would be 10 times more effective in the fwd line than Ryan

Reactions: 2 users
Was an overwhelming success dropping this guy playing Balta in defense and Ryan forward.

Failed on all three counts.
Success isn't measured in 1 game. Too many have a fish-memory type view of what success is. Balta is a backman. Needs to build his confidence as he just gets thrown around. I hope they'll stick to this plan for the next few games as we've had far too many changes this year (partly due to injury).

It was painfully obvious yesterday we lacked a decent tall target up front, so couldn't we have played Blight, put Balta up front and then had Sampson giving Nank a proper chop out in the ruck by coming off the bench ?

And if we thought we still needed Balta down back, then swap him over with Blight who has played CHF in the WAFL I believe.

Blight was really disappointed at being subbed last week and Yze did a lot to make him understand why but geez, then dropping him all together this week, when we were so limited up front ?

I don't normally worry about team selections, subs etc but this year it's been annoying the hell out of me. Don't think I'm the only one, looking at a few threads.

Reactions: 15 users
It was painfully obvious yesterday we lacked a decent tall target up front, so couldn't we have played Blight, put Balta up front and then had Sampson giving Nank a proper chop out in the ruck by coming off the bench ?

And if we thought we still needed Balta down back, then swap him over with Blight who has played CHF in the WAFL I believe.

Blight was really disappointed at being subbed last week and Yze did a lot to make him understand why but geez, then dropping him all together this week, when we were so limited up front ?

I don't normally worry about team selections, subs etc but this year it's been annoying the hell out of me. Don't think I'm the only one, looking at a few threads.
Yes Redders. Agree.

We won the inside 50 count easily.
But the ball just walked out of our forward line.
Ryan has not improved.
Going one handed for marks will not win you many games.
Maybe we need to cut him some slack if he is only doing as told.

I also hope Blighty returns.
Give him a crack forward as ArkMan plays best as a Backman.

A lot of the MC selections have been baffling.

So this. Blight got touched up in a bad side by a key forward in form in a bad side. And it wasn’t Zac Dawson on Rocca bad.

And Balta looked out of sorts yesterday, not convinced the yo-yo approach works. I think Balta is a back but we must find out about Blight while we can. Everything pointed to Blight playing back and Ryan playing VFL was the best outcome for all.

Reactions: 3 users
sub usage makes no difference. I think our zoning is a problem.

Note: when we had the ball backhalf, giants were one on one, when the giants had the ball in their backhalf, our zoning positions was crap, too close, not running with the player who handballs, etc. the last 3 games, this is one issue we really need to work on.

Reactions: 2 users
I think getting games into Ryan at this point in time is more critical than games into Blight. Blight will have another turn in the first, I'm sure of it.
Our two main problem areas this year, regardless of injury is forward line and centre. Need to come up with solutions this year, to attack in future years.
Our backs looked a bit disorganised yesterday with loose Gee wiz players doing what they liked.

I thought Blight was subbed off with a corky, or is that not correct?

Yse said they wanted to see what Ryan and Jacob could do together.

I suspect there is a lot more going on behind the scenes and winning isn't the only objective at the moment. I reckon they are putting lines through players and giving everyone a go before the season is out.

Yse said they wanted to see what Ryan and Jacob could do together.

I suspect there is a lot more going on behind the scenes and winning isn't the only objective at the moment. I reckon they are putting lines through players and giving everyone a go before the season is out.
They’ve just signed Ryan for another 3 years, so they’re not putting a line through him.

• Haha
They’ve just signed Ryan for another 3 years, so they’re not putting a line through him.
Agreed but they are trying stuff without actually knowing if it will help them win. Balta and Kosi would have been a much stronger pairing but they wanted to see if Ryan and Kosi could work.

I would give it a 5/10 on the day