Welcome Jacob Blight | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Jacob Blight

Took his overall game as a positive, he’s no Noah Balta down back , however has potential

Reactions: 1 users
Played pretty well what I saw as a second gamer.

Might’ve been subbed as a management strategy because he was far from deserving of the vest.

Like the idea of he and Balta as a pairing long term.

Subbed the wrong bloke unless he was knackered or injured.

Campbell or Cumbo should’ve been subbed.

Reactions: 1 users
Was smashed early (3 goals kicked against him in the 1st) but better once he was swapped around with Miller.

Yze got the match up wrong early. Put Blight on the quicker Treacy and Miller on the bigger Jackson. When swapped, Blight dominated Jackson taking some nice grabs in the wet also, and Miller nullified Treacy. Blight was subbed as he didn’t have a match up once Jackson went into the ruck to replace Darcy.

Reactions: 8 users
Yze got the match up wrong early. Put Blight on the quicker Treacy and Miller on the bigger Jackson. When swapped, Blight dominated Jackson taking some nice grabs in the wet also, and Miller nullified Treacy. Blight was subbed as he didn’t have a match up once Jackson went into the ruck to replace Darcy.
Jacob Bauer would have been a good fit for this game.
He would have given a third tall option instead of Cumberland forward and if need be would have been a good fit for Either Amiss or Treacy.

Reckon we found out one thing about Jacob he is not suited to the faster more nimble tall forwards but goes pretty well against the bigger blokes.

Did well against Harry McKay and Jackson when he went there.
He looks to me to be a very promising key defender.

Reactions: 6 users
A shame that Blighty got subbed. When Dockers ruckman Darcy went off injured and Walters came on, one of our key calls getting subbed out of the game was the right call.

A shame that Blighty got subbed. When Dockers ruckman Darcy went off injured and Walters came on, one of our key calls getting subbed out of the game was the right call.
Thought Blight got subbed because of a cork!!!

Walters how slow has he become living on experience only.

Harry McKay has taken 7 marks and kicked 3 goals 2, half way through the 2nd quarter against the Dogs, Blighty did a number on McKay just 2 weeks ago.
I know it's team balance with Balta named to play down back, but Blighty is very unlucky.

Reactions: 2 users
Harry McKay has taken 7 marks and kicked 3 goals 2, half way through the 2nd quarter against the Dogs, Blighty did a number on McKay just 2 weeks ago.
I know it's team balance with Balta named to play down back, but Blighty is very unlucky.
True. And if Blight also did a number on Treacy (instead looking lost at times) I am sure he would not of been dropped.

Reactions: 3 users
I wouldn't go that far. McKay had 15 disposals (3rd highest for season) , 8 marks, 2 goals 2 behinds, 2 contested marks, 10 score involvements in that game. Blight went at 45% disposal efficiency. His first game, did a solid effort for his first game but bit far to say he did a number on him. I think most agree Blight is unlucky to be dropped but not totally unexpected with other tall forward options coming back from injury.

Reactions: 3 users
I wouldn't go that far. McKay had 15 disposals (3rd highest for season) , 8 marks, 2 goals 2 behinds, 2 contested marks, 10 score involvements in that game. Blight went at 45% disposal efficiency. His first game, did a solid effort for his first game but bit far to say he did a number on him. I think most agree Blight is unlucky to be dropped but not totally unexpected with other tall forward options coming back from injury.
Killjoy:)

Blight went ok on debut, on a tough opponent .

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users