Welcome Jacob Blight | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Jacob Blight

Fantastic to see him rewarded for putting his head down and working hard at his craft since missing a few drafts. At 22 he's ready to go and let's hope he carries his VFL form and confidence into Sunday's game. Good luck Jacob, may it be the first of many seasons to come.

Reactions: 7 users
My only concern is he looks slow in the vfl how will he fare in the afl.

Well one thing’s for sure, he’ll have a pretty good feel for the pace that’s required after the game. And given everything else I’ve seen of the kid, I reckon he’ll use it as a stepping stone to get to where he wants to go.

Reactions: 2 users
The ultimate test for Blight if gets decent game time, both Mckay and Curnow amongst the more mobile forwards, Blight on the little viewing I have seen at VFL and at training reads it really well but to the eye is on the slower side?, keen to see how he goes.

Yet another West Australian in the team. So good to hear Adem doing the right thing today when he told Blight he will be playing on Sunday and not as a sub so he can prepare himself for the match and hopefully, the first of many.

Reactions: 7 users
Baptism of Fire. whatever he does will only get better for the experience.

Reactions: 4 users
Love that we're giving him some game time. Exciting

First game for a struggling side against a mob that's gunna be contending this year and have two premium forwards in form. No great expectations on the young blokes game. Just hope he reads the incoming well ( there'll be plenty of it ) n makes a contest as often as possible.

Reactions: 4 users
Good on him, yes, he came in as a slightly older player who was already playing seniors. But this is a quick step into the top level and 2 big challenging forwards to deal with.

Hope he does well but we have to expect he will have good moments and bad moments. If he can read the play well then that will be a his saving grace.

Let's see, and let's give him a few games so he can learn what its all about at AFL level.

DS

Reactions: 5 users
Good luck young fella. Looking forward to seeing him play in the big league.

Hopefully the coach gives him more of a go than he has other debutants this season.

Reactions: 1 users
Miller - McKay
Broad - Curnow

Malcolm can then take a lesser role and use his excellent intercept marking to assist.

Reactions: 8 users
Miller - McKay
Broad - Curnow

Malcolm can then take a lesser role and use his excellent intercept marking to assist.
Yes, I can see us trying to utilising him as a third man up in defence as opposed directly to Curnow or McKay.

Reactions: 3 users
What a bonus it will be if this lad can end up a regular.

Blight, Miller, Balta and hopefully Gibcus. Good core of key backs.

Exciting time.

Reactions: 5 users
Will jump in here.

Gibbo has missed so much footy and his body has taken such a hammering.

Surely everything we do is geared towards him getting confidence to perform and feel like he belongs at the level - As easily as possible.

And that sure as hell aint coming back and trying to be a key forward - where he hasn't played for many years.

Let's play him, at least initially, where he is both most comfortable and most suited.

Lest we might break the kid.

No brainer.
I don’t recall him showing much against the bigger forwards. Great mark when he gets a run at it and very good disposal.

He will be as raw as the average 18 year old, after all that time away.
Maybe he will restart his career playing as 3rd or 4th string defender, picking up a medium forward?

Reactions: 1 user
Here’s hoping Jacob has the same career as another 22 y/o WA defender who debuted roughly this time in season 2016 in a team that wasn’t going great!!

That bloke was Broady.

Good luck Jacob hopefully a long term Tiger star.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
If Noah plays forward, it’ll be up to Broad and Vlastuin to help him out with positioning and set ups.

Broad I,d guess will probably follow Curnow up the ground and allow Blight to stay back as an intercept with Tigga.

Big game to debut in against the current dominant key forward duo in the comp.