Welcome Jacob Blight | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Jacob Blight

Yep, we want Blight to be our fullback. Miller CHB. Ease Gibbo back as third tall when ready.

Lynch, Balta, Lefau up front to terrify defenders.

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Yep, we want Blight to be our fullback. Miller CHB. Ease Gibbo back as third tall when ready.

Nice blend there if Miller and Blight can be above average

Reactions: 1 users

What of Balta back and Gibcus forward, given Gibcus May be reportedly better than Balta up forward?
Too slow down back?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
What of Balta back and Gibcus forward, given Gibcus May be repeated better than Balta up forward?
Too slow down back?

Will jump in here.

Gibbo has missed so much footy and his body has taken such a hammering.

Surely everything we do is geared towards him getting confidence to perform and feel like he belongs at the level - As easily as possible.

And that sure as hell aint coming back and trying to be a key forward - where he hasn't played for many years.

Let's play him, at least initially, where he is both most comfortable and most suited.

Lest we might break the kid.

No brainer.

Reactions: 15 users
If Balta goes forward it will be testing debut for Blighty. McKay and, or Curnow will keep him honest.

If Balta goes forward it will be testing debut for Blighty. McKay and, or Curnow will keep him honest.
He'll be right he'll probably sit on the bench until the 20 minute mark of the last quarter anyway.

Or theyll do something dumb and play him forward then drop him when he struggles.

Oh yeah.

Congratulations Blighty, have a great debut game and enjoy the big stage son.

Hopefully the first of many. Rip in and Eat Em Alive.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
The umps will have a field day. The ball will be in our forward line and they’ll blow their whistle “free kick Curnow or McKay, doesn’t matter which”.

Named on extended interchange hope Blight gets a full game

Reactions: 3 users
Funny how Blight goes into Ooze's office to ask for a review on how he's travelling and is happy to keep playing VFL and then he gets an announcement he'll debut for AFL. Shock or what!!! Going by the way he did this and the way he speaks, seems like a really intelligent kid. Could be a good leader years later.

Reactions: 7 users
Funny how Blight goes into Ooze's office to ask for a review on how he's travelling and is happy to keep playing VFL and then he gets an announcement he'll debut for AFL. Shock or what!!! Going by the way he did this and the way he speaks, seems like a really intelligent kid. Could be a good leader years later.
Nothing wrong with knocking down Yze door to see where you stand when you’ve got 6month contract
Loved the initiative shown by Blight

Reactions: 9 users
He’s a good size the lad. Got a bit of muscle, not a skinny arse.
Well spoken, quietish. Hopefully can become like Dave Astbury. No fanfare, No fuss, just gets the job done and teammates love his presence

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Nothing wrong with knocking down Yze door to see where you stand when you’ve got 6month contract
Loved the initiative shown by Blight
I did this 30 years ago asking the manager if I could get into an accounting position after been at the company 2 years, and he said we have you 'earmarked' for a role.....but......it never happened....:sneaky:

• Wow
I did this 30 years ago asking the manager if I could get into an accounting position after been at the company 2 years, and he said we have you 'earmarked' for a role.....but......it never happened....:sneaky:
Maybe you got the job he “earmarked” you for :( the prick

Reactions: 1 user