Welcome Hugo Ralphsmith | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Hugo Ralphsmith

Personally, I noted a few contests on the wing where I expected him to go in, and he held back.

It didn't look like 'shirking' to me, more like confusion.

There was a lot of hesitation in and around the contest from every player though.

Ralphsmith is definitely not soft, and tries his guts out.

Yes, I agree with this. There was one instance where at least two Tigers didn't make a play for the ball, which inevitably went to an orange jumper, which inevitably led to a shot on goal. It looked like collective indecision.

Reactions: 5 users
Yes, I agree with this. There was one instance where at least two Tigers didn't make a play for the ball, which inevitably went to an orange jumper, which inevitably led to a shot on goal. It looked like collective indecision.
I don’t know but I’m registering the brand name Collective Indecision!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
He’s at least a quality “ depth” player now , takin his opportunity with both hands this season and yesterdays game is the minimum going forward , keeps that standard up and I’ll be glad to say I wrote him of to early.

Hugo is a good example of giving continuity and an opportunity to a cub , we need to continue to do this now.
Yeh he, Miller, Lefau are 3 guys that have shown terrific improvement by being given games and continuity. Personally I also think Campbell has shown a lot of promise and moments that suggest he is part of the future. Mansell played the sort of game on the weekend that will see a bright future if he can maintain that level.

Unfortunatley the likes of Dow & Sonsie have been given a lot of opportunity and have not made any or enough improvement to suggest they can become solid AFL players. Unless they smash down the door at VFL level I would prefer opportunities go to others.

And hopefully the likes of Tresize & Green can get some game continuity between now and the end of the year.

Maybe get Seth back in and give him some time on ball like Dow was getting? I would like to see his speed around the ball. He has a tank, let's give him an opportunity around the contest to see what he may be capable of.

Reactions: 4 users
Hugo can get to the drop of the ball easily but when there, he needs to make his tackles stick. On Sunday the GWS players just shrugged him off when a little technique, he could have brought them down. That said there is a lot to like about the lad with his work and running

Hugo can get to the drop of the ball easily but when there, he needs to make his tackles stick. On Sunday the GWS players just shrugged him off when a little technique, he could have brought them down. That said there is a lot to like about the lad with his work and running
Yep. He needs to learn more about composure and positioning because his running to contests still looks a bit messy at times.

Reactions: 1 users
Hugo has really lifted his game this year. Just viewed him as the player of the week. His speed is underestimated by his opponents, as he on a number of occasions intercepted and broke the lines. Well done Hugo. Need to convert the majors boys, points are hurting us.

Good on him for getting in & having a crack. Still making some skill errors but who isn’t !

Finally getting played in what looks his natural position & he is making a good fist of it.

Reactions: 7 users
He has improved.
His confidence has improved.
And his running to give us an option is unbelievable.
We just need another clone on the other wing

Reactions: 6 users
Good to see 2 year deals. Perfect time to show and re-assess. No more long term contracts.

Reactions: 3 users
Good to see 2 year deals. Perfect time to show and re-assess. No more long term contracts.
Yeah, there's real sensible list management happening here. A lot of guys were coming off at the end of this year. A lot at the end of next year and now the next set lined up for the end of 2026. Allows sensible 4 or 5 at a time list rejuvenation.

Reactions: 2 users
Good on him. Working away at his craft, showing incremental improvement and rewarding the faith shown by Yze. Not unlike Jack Ross in that respect. These types are important not least because they set a good example for other players about work ethic.

Reactions: 12 users