Welcome Hugo Ralphsmith | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Hugo Ralphsmith

This is a symptom of where we are at.
Agree. Good on Hugo he’s improved a lot this year and has probably earned an extension. You can see he really works hard on the ground.

That said he was coming off a low base and we are a really weak team. Not sure if he’s ultimately got what it takes to be part of a successful team.

Reactions: 1 users
Agree. Good on Hugo he’s improved a lot this year and has probably earned an extension. You can see he really works hard on the ground.

That said he was coming off a low base and we are a really weak team. Not sure if he’s ultimately got what it takes to be part of a successful team.
I agree. It's not going to hurt us for 2 years though. He'll be cheap, and we need some folks to push the 30yo plus wing men out. If he plateaus, at least in 2 years we can recruit another. Priorities this draft have to be class midfielders.
I'd keep this fella as a 23-30 depth player.

Reactions: 3 users
geez he looks different this year

has become a grizzled warrior overnight

without the glorious hair even looks a little like grover

Reactions: 2 users
Still more improvement to go with Raaaallph. Simply steady growth from a boy player to a man player. Must be getting around that 50 game mark by now.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Very happy for Hugo. Playing with more gusto and heart than many others.

He’s been great this year and he’s put some mongrel in his game which I love. Once considered soft by many he’s become fearless and has put himself in dangerous positions for the team. He’s a genuine winger

Reactions: 2 users
He’s been great this year and he’s put some mongrel in his game which I love. Once considered soft by many he’s become fearless and has put himself in dangerous positions for the team. He’s a genuine winger
Can we say it wasn't Dimma who taught him to be fearless.

Can we say it wasn't Dimma who taught him to be fearless.
I think it’s more maturity and confidence. Definitely wasn’t Dimma as wasn’t at the level he’s reached this year. Hopefully it was someone in the Coaching team with Yze as it would be a positive.

Make sense from a list management/balance point of view to re-sign Hugo but saying he’s “earned” it is a stretch. Statistically, he’s reached the same heights this year as he did back in his third year in the system in 2022

Make sense from a list management/balance point of view to re-sign Hugo but saying he’s “earned” it is a stretch. Statistically, he’s reached the same heights this year as he did back in his third year in the system in 2022
Stats don't show or tell true stories all the time. I prefer the harder and tougher 2024 version of Hugo than the Wimpy outside runner of 22.

Reactions: 4 users
Has worked hard on his game late last season and this one so his two year contract extension is well earned a d well deserved. Now I expect him to improve his game still further

Reactions: 5 users