Welcome Hugo Ralphsmith | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Hugo Ralphsmith

Which I believe will come after McQualter gets announced as coach. Busy times at Tigerland.
Dont be silly. It is well known McQualter had the job, until we changed our mind at the very last minute.
We are such a rabble there is a chance the same thing will happen with Ralphsmith. And Matthews.

Being at the ground I noticed that the ball seemed to spend a lot of time on the MCC members side of the ground, not sure why. Ralphsmith was on the southern wing and spent a lot of time running up and down with the ball on the other side of the ground, certainly in the first half. Same with Banks who was playing halfback on the southern side.

It was strange how the game in the first half was probably 75% on the northern side of the ground.

Perhaps if a player or two could actually read the incoming ball instead of running under it at a 100mph. Raaalph's kicking wouldn't look so bad sometimes.
Reckon we might almost have been competitive today if about a dozen other blokes worked half as well as Raaalphy.
This is next level spin, even for PRE.

Do other players get this excuse, or just Hugo?

Last edited:
Being at the ground I noticed that the ball seemed to spend a lot of time on the MCC members side of the ground, not sure why. Ralphsmith was on the southern wing and spent a lot of time running up and down with the ball on the other side of the ground, certainly in the first half. Same with Banks who was playing halfback on the southern side.

It was strange how the game in the first half was probably 75% on the northern side of the ground.
At the game I didn't notice it being particularly lopsided. Plenty of ball movements down both wings.
And I dhdnt notice Hugo much, he didn't get lose for many attacking entries at all

Perhaps if a player or two could actually read the incoming ball instead of running under it at a 100mph. Raaalph's kicking wouldn't look so bad sometimes.
Reckon we might almost have been competitive today if about a dozen other blokes worked half as well as Raaalphy.
Tell me this is a joke.

It is, right?

Speaking from experience here Tommy, but I had a similar issue when I played footy.

The blokes around me just weren’t at my level. I could have been anything, but continually found myself surrounded by complete duds and amateurs.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
At the game I didn't notice it being particularly lopsided. Plenty of ball movements down both wings.
And I dhdnt notice Hugo much, he didn't get lose for many attacking entries at all
We were complaining in the first quarter that the ball was always on the other side of the ground and with the shadows it was very hard to see. I noticed Ralphy because he was running up and down our wing.

Reactions: 1 user
Speaking from experience here Tommy, but I had a similar issue when I played footy.

The blokes around me just weren’t at my level. I could have been anything, but continually found myself surrounded by complete duds and amateurs.
Hard to fly like an eagle when surrounded by turkeys

Reactions: 1 users
We were complaining in the first quarter that the ball was always on the other side of the ground and with the shadows it was very hard to see. I noticed Ralphy because he was running up and down our wing.
We've always thought that the ball spends more time on the mcc side during day games. I reckon the players instinctively play in the shadows.

Reactions: 1 user
We've always thought that the ball spends more time on the mcc side during day games. I reckon the players instinctively play in the shadows.
Probably fairly accurate thought. There's a transition delay for your eyeballs to adjust from shade to light and back so players would probably momentarily lose sight of the ball.
Old days, community sport fields completely open, even light. Then one grand stand, small shaded area. Then semi enclosed stadiums, half ground shaded.
Oopstarse, Marvelarse whatever stadium, close the roof n turn on the lights otherwise the players can't see.