Welcome Hugo Ralphsmith | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Hugo Ralphsmith

Was good, but shirked a few contests
Nonsense

He was fantastic today. Tried his guts out and did a lot of stuff that you don’t get stats for. I reckon he closed down space and got a hand in to stop the run 3-4 times at least. He has impressive closing speed actually

Reactions: 13 users
Nonsense

He was fantastic today. Tried his guts out and did a lot of stuff that you don’t get stats for. I reckon he closed down space and got a hand in to stop the run 3-4 times at least. He has impressive closing speed actually
He’s always had speed, it was about how to use it better.

Reactions: 1 users
Nonsense

The growth in his game is a good example of things that don’t show up on stats sheets.

He’s getting to more of the right spots more often and has wheels.

Reactions: 8 users
And should have another 30 games under his belt because we held onto KMac too long.

But yet some still want to see Kmac in 2025. Are we doing it again too Banks?
We might be.

Banks moved onto the southern wing sometime in the 2nd half and started to get into the play and got some space. When he gets space he looks really good and some of his kicking was very good.

Personally I would just play HRS and Banks on the wings and leave them there.

Reactions: 6 users
We might be.

Banks moved onto the southern wing sometime in the 2nd half and started to get into the play and got some space. When he gets space he looks really good and some of his kicking was very good.

Personally I would just play HRS and Banks on the wings and leave them there.
Yep, they’re the future.

Nonsense

Yes, saw all that. Another step in the right direction. But as noted I saw a couple of half-hearted efforts that were disappointing.

He's become very good overhead too. Taken some good contested marks over the last few weeks

Reactions: 4 users
Like the way he runs fast towards opposition players receiving a pass - sometimes manages to impact the contest. He is making a difference, big improvements, good to see.

DS

Reactions: 5 users
Now you’re just making stuff up. Never once did he shirk a contest, in fact quite the opposite. And his gut running was KMac at his best levels.
Well done Hugo
He did shirk one contest for the day but he would have had to sprint back with the flight of the ball and absolutely been killed. Massive positive for the season is this guys contested footy and courage, puts to shame a few of our leaders in mcintosh and short to name a few

Besides nakas who has been quality all year.
I reckon Ralphsmith would be close 2nd.
Maybe Vaulstin

Reactions: 1 user
top game Hugo! the high fly at full forward. if you nailed it, things would be different. 18 point turnaround and we were coming home fast.

Reactions: 2 users
He’s at least a quality “ depth” player now , takin his opportunity with both hands this season and yesterdays game is the minimum going forward , keeps that standard up and I’ll be glad to say I wrote him of to early.

Hugo is a good example of giving continuity and an opportunity to a cub , we need to continue to do this now.

Reactions: 1 users
I like that he tries his guts out. Probably our most competitive kid on the list.

We need 22 of these types each week.

Reactions: 3 users
No he didn't I was there and he impacted, hit every contest he could get to.

Personally, I noted a few contests on the wing where I expected him to go in, and he held back.

It didn't look like 'shirking' to me, more like confusion.

There was a lot of hesitation in and around the contest from every player though.

Ralphsmith is definitely not soft, and tries his guts out.

Reactions: 8 users
Personally, I noted a few contests on the wing where I expected him to go in, and he held back.

It didn't look like 'shirking' to me, more like confusion.

There was a lot of hesitation in and around the contest from every player though.

Ralphsmith is definitely not soft, and tries his guts out.
Yeah over commit and miss and there's an easy exit. That knowledge of when to go and when to hold off is hard.

Watch every game on the weekend and you see all teams and players of all levels get it wrong at times and sides escape. I watched Blakey get it hopelessly wrong on Saturday night.

Reactions: 5 users