Week 2 Finals: Taking the Long Route | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Week 2 Finals: Taking the Long Route

I can’t believe Hinkley went the ‘Mea Culpa’ at the beginning of his press conference.

It just opened the doors to the media *smile* heads.

*smile* them.

At least he had a word in person and didn’t post on social media for the world to laugh.

I wish he arrived at the press conference in a wizard hat, and said ‘I have every right to be me’.

Reactions: 3 users
I can’t believe Hinkley went the ‘Mea Culpa’ at the beginning of his press conference.

It just opened the doors to the media *smile* heads.

*smile* them.

At least he had a word in person a didn’t post on social media for the world to laugh.

I wish he arrived at the press conference in a wizard hat, and said ‘I have every right to be me’.
Better to get it over and done with early.

Reactions: 1 user
My hypothesis is that Hinkley has probably done as well with the list he has as any coach could. Exception would be 2020 when everything was in his favour and we got over the line in prelim, ( was only thinking today how great Kane Lambert was for us, 10 years from now no one outside RFC will remember that he even played )

Reactions: 8 users
Ginnivan and Watson and co doing the fancy goal celebrations and social media shitstirring, it's untenable unless you're winning every game and every flag. AFL journos saying they love it, purely cos fans hate it, fine. Journos might love it, but it doesn't foster flag winning culture.
It is the opposite to our culture in our flag winning years.

Enjoy your footy and respect your opponent was how we rolled in those days.

Reactions: 10 users
LMAO at Mitchell and the Dorks sooking up on a bit of verbal. Kenny should've pretended to jab his arm with a syringe, thrown his head back like he was shot then run around like an aeroplane heading to the Prelim.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
What did they expect after the way their team carries on. Comes from the coach, once a *smile* always a *smile*. Suck it up.

Reactions: 2 users
I don't care who it is, but any coach that mouths off at a side that contains Sicily, Watson and Ginnivan has both my understanding and complete support.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users
In an age where there's a million journos too many covering the game and just as many superfluous footy shows across any given platform, how on earth didn't Ginnivan think his comment wouldn't draw attention and cause a stir?

Reactions: 5 users
Lol Sam Mitchell having a sook priceless!!! The comments by mostly neutrals seem to be in Ken's corner.

What mayonnaise.

If he’s going to be their leader he should be teaching them that if they’re going to have fun dishing *smile* out that they should be comfortable enough to have something come back.

Instead, he’s trying to make out the incident was something terrible that has been inflicted onto one of his innocent young lambs.

This is not not good leadership.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12 users
My hypothesis is that Hinkley has probably done as well with the list he has as any coach could. Exception would be 2020 when everything was in his favour and we got over the line in prelim, ( was only thinking today how great Kane Lambert was for us, 10 years from now no one outside RFC will remember that he even played )
Yep. Lambo will go down as one of the most underrated players of all time.

Reactions: 4 users
So the story is that young people can say and act however they like, but OLD codgers must behave themselves.
Yep. They are happy to dish it out but can’t take it coming back. Weak as *smile*. Snowflakes.

Live by the sword die by the sword.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users