Week 2 Finals: Taking the Long Route | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Week 2 Finals: Taking the Long Route

Shouted ‘you’re not going anywhere’ to Ginnivan and stood laughing while the Hawks are gathering to carry Breust off. I get it, combative, tit-for-tat, all that. But the siren’s gone Ken. You’re 60.
He’s had smart arses telling him all week he was a dud. He was letting his emotions out … and like anyone cares about ginnivans feelings?

Reactions: 6 users
Sam Mitchell seething….. earn your stripes before you get to tell others what they should do.
What a petulant *smile*. What Ken said. You throw something our way, occasionally we’ll throw something back. Maybe if Mitchell can’t abide that he should reign those mouthy midgets in.

Reactions: 8 users
Don't the commentators just laugh when a defender misses a shot?
Mitchell moved Scilly foward because Gunstan was trash and Chol was hopless.
And the kid Dear didn't go near it.

Things change very quickly in footy.
1 day your the best and your the talk of the town and then next, your *smile* and none gives a flying duck.

Mitchell has to sort it out quickly because you can't have photos after 1 win and a funeral when u lose.

We don't tell jokes at 3qtr time anymore
Good post.

Reactions: 2 users
Mitchell sooking in the presser. Immature IMO. This is not a good sign for a coach.
It’s understandable that he’s disappointed with the loss, but I don’t agree with his description of Hinkley.

(Referencing him as a much older man; give me a break)

Ginnivan isn’t a kid; he’s an adult and he took the *smile*, so he can cop it sweet.

And I’m not sure about him holding back the water works; they’ve performed incredibly well in the second half if the seasons and probably punched above their weight.

I don’t know why the presser wasn’t much more positive and filled with much more excitement.

For me the morning was a bit weird considering where they came from this season.

Reactions: 4 users
Hawthorn, they sure know how to produce smart arse little *smile* coaches

It’s understandable that he’s disappointed with the loss, but I don’t agree with his description of Hinkley.

(Referencing him as a much older man; give me a break)

Ginnivan isn’t a kid; he’s an adult and he took the *smile*, so he can cop it sweet.

And I’m not sure about him holding back the water works; they’ve performed incredibly well in the second half if the seasons and probably punched above their weight.

I don’t know why the presser wasn’t much more positive and filled with much more excitement.

For me the morning was a bit weird considering where they came from this season.
Same here. Just be happy you have a young team buzzing for success.

Post-match commentary carrying on like it's a foregone conclusion that the Hawks will go deep into September next year.

I'm the opposite - I tend to think they overachieved this year. They're guaranteed nothing.

Post-match commentary carrying on like it's a foregone conclusion that the Hawks will go deep into September next year.

I'm the opposite - I tend to think they overachieved this year. They're guaranteed nothing.
You'd know

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7 users

It's only a burst of breaking out and knowing how to win. Prove it more next season.

Reactions: 1 user
Pretty honest Hinkley. Asked how much they talked about it. "Fair bit". And "we didn't like it". Combined with "I shouldn't have reacted".

Maybe he should have left it until after the game and raised it in the presser or somewhere, but seeing as it's Ginnivan and a pack of other smart arses, I really don't care what he said to them on the ground.

• Love
Reactions: 13 users

They’ll have a tougher draw for one thing but we saw tonight the way to beat the Hawks. Good old fashioned pressure.

Other teams will be much better prepared for them next year.

Ginnivan and Watson and co doing the fancy goal celebrations after cheating frees, and social media shitstirring, it's untenable unless you're winning every game and every flag. AFL journos saying they love it, purely cos fans hate it, fine. Journos might love it, but it doesn't foster flag winning culture.

• Angry
Reactions: 6 users