Week 2 Finals: Taking the Long Route | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Week 2 Finals: Taking the Long Route

Besides the antics which has got our critics not focusing on the game very good game of finals footy & how stiff can you get when Sicily hit the woodwork.

Reactions: 2 users
I see a horrible, unthinkable plot unfolding:

1. Port ride their wave of emotion and somehow graft a win on SCG (they did beat swans by 85 points a month ago)

2. Cats win their prelim against interstate on The G

3. Port come off their wave and their plethora of bums choke, they revert to type as flaky as *smile*, in the GF, handing Geelong a tin arse flag in a canter, when they are the fourth or fifth best side

:vomit

I think this is unlikely, I think its Swans V Giants GF, but its pretty plausible

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 7 users
Harmless yes
Team oriented NO
How sensitive we have all become.

Ginnivan said nothing about Port.

Wouldn't you want your players to be confidently saying they could get to a preliminary final against the Swans?

What has happened to footy banter? We are sucked in by thought police media beat ups.

These guys have injected life and excitement into a dead season and when they lose a final by few points the pecking party begins.

Reactions: 3 users
It’s not always how many frees you get but where you get em. 5 frees to Hawthorn in their F50. I only watched the Kayo mini where I saw at least 3 goals from soft frees.
IMG_0657.jpeg

Reactions: 5 users

Wouldn't you want your players to be confidently saying they could get to a preliminary final against the Swans?

What has happened to footy banter? We are sucked in by thought police media beat ups.

These guys have injected life and excitement into a dead season and when they lose a final by few points the pecking party begins.
Always happy to have a good laugh when a few smart arses dish out a bit of lip n big note banter.
Laugh twice as hard when they get their arses handed back to them on a plate along with a side serve of lip back.
Laugh three times as hard when the smart arses lips suddenly go all aquiver, coz it's obviously mean n unfair.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Besides the antics which has got our critics not focusing on the game very good game of finals footy & how stiff can you get when Sicily hit the woodwork.
How was Sicily stiff? Success (ie. a goal) is kicking the ball between the 2 big sticks, failure is when you don't. He failed, there was no luck involved.

Not having a go TM, just always get a laugh when commentators/fans say it's unlucky when you hit the post. It's not, it's a poor kick.

Always happy to have a good laugh when a few smart arses dish out a bit of lip n big note banter.
Laugh twice as hard when they get their arses handed back to them on a plate along with a side serve of lip back.
Laugh three times as hard when the smart arses lips suddenly go all aquiver, coz it's obviously mean n unfair.
Here here.

Has there been many examples of humble pie not being received right between the eyes when one makes a stupid comment before a game?

As for Ken, good on him. All the pressure in the world and this week he just said *smile* it. The media copped it and thankfully Ginn did as well.

Reactions: 8 users
Thought DBJ actually had a half decent game last night
Agree , my point was the one decent season he had at half back he was rewarded with AA as where Vlaustins worst season in the back half has been better then anything DBJ has ever produced and ridiculously Vlaustin always gets overlooked

Luke Hodge sooking it up. I guess Hodgey never gave any lip on the field after a game…..

And what does it matter that Hinkley is 60? Who cares? I notice he doesn’t focus on the 29 year old Sicily. Is he acknowledging that Sicily isn’t mature enough to also just turn the other cheek and walk away?

Duck off now Hawthorn, you’ve had a good season, see ya later.

Reactions: 5 users
Like players don't say things 1000x worse to each other out on the ground. Big deal.

Suck it up jerks. You got a flaming return of serve. Point Hinkley.

Yeah it was, but he talked the talk and couldn't walk the walk.

It's completely soft and weak as *smile* to dish it out and then act like the victim when karma catches up with you.
1. He does walk the walk. Hawks could easily have won.

2. He didn't even mention Port.

3. Hinkley was the dork in all of this. Put it on the whiteboard as if it was a personal affront.

Sucked in by a throw away one liner. Who is soft?

When you win a game, you do it gracefully.

Reactions: 1 user
a lot of people thought Hawthorn were going all the way, possibly including Hawthorn

momentum and hype are dangerous bedfellows

1. He does walk the walk. Hawks could easily have won.

2. He didn't even mention Port.

3. Hinkley was the dork in all of this. Put it on the whiteboard as if it was a personal affront.

Sucked in by a throw away one liner. Who is soft?

When you win a game, you do it gracefully.
Agree with you about Kenny being a complete tool after the game. However the post was clearly about Port (how else were the hawks going to see Sydney in 14 days unless they beat Port?) and I would expect our coach to use something like that to give the players any additional advantage.

Reactions: 1 user

I'm very sensitive.
I cried when Bouncer died on neighbours.

• Haha
Agree with you about Kenny being a complete tool after the game. However the post was clearly about Port (how else were the hawks going to see Sydney in 14 days unless they beat Port?) and I would expect our coach to use something like that to give the players any additional advantage.
Respectfully disagree.