Week 2 Finals: Taking the Long Route | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Week 2 Finals: Taking the Long Route

In an age where there's a million journos too many covering the game and just as many superfluous footy shows across any given platform, how on earth didn't Ginnivan think his comment wouldn't draw attention and cause a stir?
Maybe he should just shut the *smile* up and play football.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Two very interesting games style wise this weekend.

Tonight we have the best ground ball team in the land (1st) V one of the worst (16th). And we know what wins finals.

And Port have double downed by bringing in yet another tall (Marshall for McEntee).

Add losing another backline distributor Burton and their ball movement will be non existent.

Only way Port can win is if they absolutely dominate clearance (normally a strength but got belted in there by Geelong last week).

All Hawthorn have to do is be competitive in the middle and bring the ball to ground in the backline. Do that and there run, spread, ground ball game will overwhelm Port.

The current 8.5 pt line is a gift.
This is exactly why I don’t bet on footy. Or pretty much anything for that matter.

Shouted ‘you’re not going anywhere’ to Ginnivan and stood laughing while the Hawks are gathering to carry Breust off. I get it, combative, tit-for-tat, all that. But the siren’s gone Ken. You’re 60.
Time for the Baby Boomers to rebel I say.

Reactions: 1 user
Post-match commentary carrying on like it's a foregone conclusion that the Hawks will go deep into September next year.

I'm the opposite - I tend to think they overachieved this year. They're guaranteed nothing.
I think if they pick up the trades being touted for next year they'll be extremely competitive. Have to remember it always takes a couple of years (or more) of experiencing finals to truly appreciate the difference to home and away games and many of the players had no finals experience previously.

Reactions: 1 users
Mitchell sounding like he’s protecting a 14-year-old - it’s big boys game as our illustrious betraying leader would say. Hawthorn team reeks of hubris and narcissism. We’ll done Hinkley

Reactions: 8 users
Where's all the happy snaps??
Where's McDonald?
Where's Vanessa??
Where's Gillivan?
Where's the Wiz?
Where's Peek??

Hawthorn have always been a Brighton/Toorak football club, arrogant flogs.

Reactions: 1 users
I reckon Mitchell is deliberately trying to build a them against us mantra / culture inside the playing group - he is encouraging the ‘rat pack’ to play up to their reputation and stir the pot.

It gives him some motivation to play with during the off season and into next year.

It worked for Hardwick and Clarke with the unsociable dawks mantra - it could back fire with this group - time will tell.

Reactions: 2 users
Mitchell sounding like he’s protecting a 14-year-old - it’s big boys game as our illustrious betraying leader would say. Hawthorn team reeks of hubris and narcissism. We’ll done Hinkley
Yep, and if you put yourself out there as a smart-ass to attract attention, expect kick-back. Either accept it and deal with it or stop being a smart-ass.

pot kettle black from Mitchell ...

maybe he needs to put a lid on the loudmouth twits in his squad ...

Couldn’t happen to a nicer bunch of flogs, Ginnivan, Watson, Sicily. And I’m more disappointed in Mitchell than Kenny. Mitch must know if you dish it out you gotta take it.

I’ll be interested to see how Hawthorn go in ‘25. Yes they played exciting footy in ‘24 but can they back it up?

Reactions: 7 users
Good game of footy , not sure Port will trouble the Swans next week though.

Geez I cringe every time I see DBJ playing knowing he was an AA hall back and Tigga never was , also I never see Dylan Moore look anything more then a fringe player , however he obviously improved a lot this year to be an AA
Thought DBJ actually had a half decent game last night

pot kettle black from Mitchell ...

maybe he needs to put a lid on the loudmouth twits in his squad ...
Him, Lewis and Hodge going off their tits about something their old coach Clarkson used to do and still does regularly.

Do we ever hear a peep from them when Clarko does it?