Week 2 Finals: Taking the Long Route | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Week 2 Finals: Taking the Long Route

Hope that didn't hurt the bank too much. Chaos without an equal amount of courage or belief obviously didn't go as well as control. Let's see how long it lasts in 24.

Won't lie General. The Giants one hurt. Had them at the end of a couple of multi's with Randwick nags getting the first legs.

What it does show though, as much anyone can analyse the game. The unmeasurable is the mental side.

Port don't win without the Ginnivan comment that obviously fueled them.

Likewise the Giants dominated the game, but didn't have the mental fortitude to close the game out. Despite being 44 points up in the 3rd qtr.

It's what makes sport great. And punting never certain.

Reactions: 2 users
The AFL put out a story a couple of months ago saying MRO fines go into a fund for concussion research. Not sure if these fines got that.

Not sure on the legitimacy of that story, but the AFL obviously felt the need to put it out there.
Funds used to supposedly go back into consolidated revenue. Which simply means it was used to prop up the broke clubs as they get the bulk of the handouts.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
1. He does walk the walk. Hawks could easily have won.

2. He didn't even mention Port.

3. Hinkley was the dork in all of this. Put it on the whiteboard as if it was a personal affront.

Sucked in by a throw away one liner. Who is soft?

When you win a game, you do it gracefully.
Like take fake group selfies? Or do all sorts of flashy celebrations after kicking goals? Or spend half a game trying to stage/ draw disingenous frees?

Not much graceful about the way the Hawks roll, pissweak to play the victim.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
A few guys I worked with stopped going to AFL Games and just go to the local football. They enjoy leaning on the fence watching a game with a can of beer.
yep. or sit in the car on a rainy day. honk the horn when a goal is kicked.

Hinkley won't care too much about the fine. He probably just bought himself another year as coach with that win.
Geez 40k pre tax is still probably 5% of your annual take.

Coaches association should tell afl to fro.

Opposition coaches can now no longer say anything to opposition players.

I guess we don’t know what was said but typical afl where a rule applies when they see fit. Two grown men as it applies for rules. Society can judge Kenny’s actions.

Imagine your employer could fine you 5% of your annual income if you lost your cool once in a meeting when someone else said something stupid.

Fair take here too imo.

Reactions: 1 users
I guess the afl have to bring in money for their slush fund and pay for their junkets somehow since Richmond players aren’t able to be fined at the moment since we aren’t in the finals.
Maybe the afl will have an epiphany and realise that they can make money if Richmond are in the finals. Who knows, they may change the rules so we benefit for a change :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

the X Collingwood dud Keeffe lost GWS 2 finals.
Last week 8mins to go misses from 35 out.
It wouldve put gws 19pts up.
And tonight missed another basic 30 metre shot in the last 10mins.
Just saw a clip where he had the last opportunity to mark the ball in last year's preliminary final and Murphy bent him over too.
So that's 3 finals he has been directly involved in the result.
Delist time AdamScreenshot_20240916_125757_Facebook.jpg

Won't lie General. The Giants one hurt. Had them at the end of a couple of multi's with Randwick nags getting the first legs.

What it does show though, as much anyone can analyse the game. The unmeasurable is the mental side.

Port don't win without the Ginnivan comment that obviously fueled them.

Likewise the Giants dominated the game, but didn't have the mental fortitude to close the game out. Despite being 44 points up in the 3rd qtr.

It's what makes sport great. And punting never certain.
You forgot to mention the Giants big key forward dominating, only for the Lions key forward to be the match winner.

As much as the mental side, i think the results- particularly the Lions win- shows good football teams can adjust their style to win in September if needed.