Week 1 Finals: the bowl splatter games. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Week 1 Finals: the bowl splatter games.

way the hawks came out in Q3 reminded me so much of us 2017

swarming pressure all over, speed and tenacity

pity Chol is useless

Reactions: 8 users
Wonder how many games Albanese and Titmus attended before tonight?
On the RFC podcast Talking Tigers they spoke about Arianne Titmus. Her family are evidently Tiger supporters except for her and she supports the Hawks.
She is from Tassie

Reactions: 1 user
thought the Umpires had a poor game last night
standards in finals should be better

Reactions: 1 users
way the hawks came out in Q3 reminded me so much of us 2017

swarming pressure all over, speed and tenacity

pity Chol is useless
I was at the Game last night, Carts.

They sliced them from half back, almost conceded the clearance to win the ball back. Once they went, they spread the ground to create pockets all through the Doggies zone. And the Hawks smalls went to work with pressure, ala our 2017 small forwards. Very very skilful side.
Sicily ran the game from CHB, he was so influential.

Reactions: 3 users
The Hawks have performed a miracle - not sure they have a single high draft pick in a team that plays incredible footy. I thought they were the best team we played this year by a mile - they are fast with and without the ball. Can see them going to the GF...where they may just face the other miracle team - Geelong. Hawks v Geelong GF...I kind of hope not but that's mainly because these teams being great more often than not - annoys the hell out of me.

We have got our three flags and that was ridiculous - but let's not kid ourselves - we wanted to become like Cats, Swans, Hawks - clubs that don't stay down for long. Fingers crossed.

We have got our three flags and that was ridiculous - but let's not kid ourselves - we wanted to become like Cats, Swans, Hawks - clubs that don't stay down for long. Fingers crossed.
Remember the hawks haven't played in a final since 2018, that's 6 years ago.

The Hawks are exciting to watch but geez Watson &:Ginnivan are flogs. Especially Watson, looks like he's desperate to make a name for himself as an annoying terd.

Remember the hawks haven't played in a final since 2018, that's 6 years ago.
Yep understand that, and I'll be happy if we can make the same progress in 6 years. The Hawks like the Cats and Swans seem to operate a little differently over the long term, always getting back up - perhaps more good luck than good management - who knows.

The Hawks are exciting to watch but geez Watson &:Ginnivan are flogs. Especially Watson, looks like he's desperate to make a name for himself as an annoying terd.
Good on them for showing some personality. The Hawks fans love it.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Yep understand that, and I'll be happy if we can make the same progress in 6 years. The Hawks like the Cats and Swans seem to operate a little differently over the long term, always getting back up - perhaps more good luck than good management - who knows.
Yeah. The hawks did go down, the cats and the swans haven’t really.

Too many ordinary talls playing for the Dogs, need smarts and mobility (Riewoldt) or be a big pack marking/busting brute (Lynch).

No medium sized forwards, no good little forwards.
And to think,they had bont forward also,as weightman hasn't got a defensive bone in his body

We're living in a very narcissistic age.

I long for the days where mobile phones weren't the appendage on the human body that they are now.
Further to this.

I thought I'd conduct a bit of a social experiment on my walk this morning - where every passer-by must be greeted with a 'Good morning', 'Morning' or some form of pleasant verbal acknowledgement.

Of the many people I encountered, the majority received it warmly. Guess which age demographic couldn't even find the decency to raise their heads from their phones?

It's not telling me anything I didn't already know, but more reinforces it. The 'Zoomers' or whatever the hell they're called spend their lives on social media and phones, yet studies show loneliness is at an all-time high.

It's incredibly sad that they're born into a world of non-stop screens, seeking shallow validation online, yet can't even greet a passer-by in the street in real-life social interaction.

I feel so, so sorry for them.

• Sad
Reactions: 7 users
Hey Ads (or as I refer to him The Better List Man), score check:

Rfc 3.

Ads 0.

Big Fat Krispy Kreme Donutski.

Nought, Nada.
Zero, Zippo, Zilch.

But good on your sides for having the better list.

Good on them for showing some personality. The Hawks fans love it.

The wizards hats are over the top.
Unsure why they are allowed into the ground?
I’m a big Dan Rioli fan and paint my face and i wasn’t allowed in.

The irony of watching the game it appeared that Hawthorn was the team with all the finals experience and the majority of the Western Bulldogs were playing their first final.
Marcus Bontempelli was patchy, Tom Liberatore did very little along with al lot of his team mates.
The scoreboard flattered the Western Bulldogs.
The Western Bulldogs have played in 7 Finals Series under Luke Beveridge for 1 Premiership. not a great return.

Reactions: 2 users
Hawthorn forwards are a joy to watch.
Glorious over the top confidence. I’ve been banging on about how the ego driven forwards bring gold.
Something to watch in a dull finals series.

Reactions: 1 users
Geelong and hawthorn again. Please no. Two decades of that growing up.